Monday, April 25, 2016

SPIRIT LIFE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The Spirit can make life. Sheer muscle and willpower don’t make anything happen…  John 6:63 (MSG)

Jesus is reminding the disciples about the LIFE-GIVING nature of the SPIRIT!  Especially in “recovery circles” there is this misnomer that RECOVERY (or life for that matter) is a matter of WILLPOWER and BRUTE FORCE.
But that can’t be further from the truth.  
It is when we embrace the words of John that REAL recovery and life begins; 
He must become greater; I must become less. (John 3:30 NIV).  
In other words, MORE Spirit, less (insert your name here).

Blackaby says it this way…

“There comes a point in your life when the Lord opens your eyes to understand what the Christian life was meant to be. It isn't just going to heaven when you die; it's dying to self on earth and allowing Him to live through you.” ― Henry T. Blackaby…

So come and empty me
So that it's you I breathe
I want my life to be
Only Christ in me
So I will fix my eyes
'Cause you're my source of life
I need the world to see
That it's Christ in me
Done with what holds me down the things I once was chasing after
Throw off these heavy chains that I have let become my master
So now I'm running free into an ocean of mercy unending

So come and empty me
So that it's you I breathe
I want my life to be
Only Christ in me
So I will fix my eyes
'Cause you're my source of life
I need the world to see
That it's Christ in me – Jeremy Camp “Christ in Me”

So there is the CHARGE for today.
More SPIRIT less us.

“Empty yourself” of the distractions.
“Empty yourself” of the binding things.
“Empty yourself of “SELF”.

For when we ask the SPIRIT to be the “breath we breathe”, when we ask the SPIRIT to be our focus, when we ask the SPIRIT to be life, the SPIRIT responds.

The question is will you?

“It is easy to use the phrase 'God's will for my life' as an excuse for inaction or even disobedience. ... My hope is that instead of searching for 'God's will for my life' each of us would learn to seek hard after 'the Spirit's leading in my life today.' May we learn to pray for an open and willing heart, to surrender to the Spirit's leading…” ― Francis Chan

I love you ALL!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment