Friday, January 20, 2017

FAITHFUL OBEDIENCE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

God does not require us to understand His will, just obey it, even if it seems unreasonable. – Charles Stanley

“Does it make sense to pray for guidance about the future if we are not obeying in the thing that lies before us today? How many momentous events in Scripture depended on one person's seemingly small act of obedience! Rest assured: Do what God tells you to do now, and, depend upon it, you will be shown what to do next.” ― Elisabeth Elliot

Not an easy task.

A little transparency this morning; GOD’S will for me right now seems not so much unreasonable as cloudy.  There is so much that I could be doing, but I often ask, “Lord what SHOULD I be doing.”
“What is that that lies before me today?”
“What is GOD wanting me to do today, where am I to go?”
"Where is the provision?"

Good questions, but questions that don’t have “ready” answers. 
At least not for me sometimes.
And I don’t think I am alone in this.

I have been all over Ohio this week meeting with ministry and faith leaders who are asking the same question, “GOD what would you have us to do?”
Chambers once said, "Faith never knows where it is being led, but it loves and knows the One who is leading."

So, THERE is the answer(s).
Love GOD.
Have faith.
Act in obedience.
Trust.
Wait for the Lord and keep his way, and he will exalt you 
Psalm 37:34 (ESV)
That’s it.

Do those things, GOD will open the right doors.
Do those things, GOD will shed the right light.
Do those things, GOD will provide the necessary resources.
Do those things, GOD will be exalted.

None of us like uncertainty and when we are close to a challenge and can even see a way to overcome it or deal with it. It can be very frustrating to be “told” by GOD, “have faith and just wait”.

And while our answer to the next step seems reasonable, while our answer to the next step would likely “fit the bill” with the right help and provision, GOD says have faith to wait for my BEST for the challenge. 

GOD says I haven’t taken a vacation, I haven’t lost a handle of what is going on, I love the same folks that you do with a love you can’t comprehend, don’t ever believe that I am not engaged.

GOD says, your job is to seek MY WILL, HAVE FAITH, STAY OBEDIENT and KNOW that I have things covered, INCLUDING you.

Remember:
“Faith is not the belief that God will do what YOU want. It is the belief that God will do WHAT IS RIGHT.” ― Max Lucado

So, my friends, there is the answer and that is what I am gonna try to do this day, January 20th, 2017.

What about you?

“Trusting God completely means having faith that He knows what is best for your life. You expect Him to keep His promises, help you with problems, and do the impossible when necessary.” ― Rick Warren


Have a blessed day and week-end.
I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment