Wednesday, January 4, 2017

SELFLESS WORSHIP, PRAISE-FILLED SERVICE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (MSG)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.  - 
Billy Graham 
God has given each of you some special abilities; be SURE TO USE them to help each other, passing on to others God’s many kinds of blessings.
1 Peter 4:10 (LB)

Posted this little thought yesterday as my daily FACEBOOK encouragement.

I love when someone is so good with language that a lot can be said in just a few words.

I will quickly admit, I am far too verbose most of the time.  In fact, one of my New Year’s “objectives” is to be more succinct and efficient in my conversations and presentations. 
Ain’t nobody got time for my feeble attempts at waxing eloquent!

So, I want to quickly go back to what GRAHAM encourages.
Want to WORSHIP GOD today, experience His grace to a greater level?
Remember:
“We fail in the work of grace and love when there is too much of us and not enough of God.” ― Suzanne Woods Fisher.
Therefore, do something unselfish for GOD!  
Make today about GOD first and OTHERS second.
Bless another with love and compassion!
…be useful, be honorable, be compassionate, make some difference! Then you will have lived and lived well.”― adapted from Ralph Waldo Emerson

But don’t stop there!
Want to praise GOD?
Let those FEET hit the street!
Volunteer! Serve!

Ask your Pastor. 
I am confident there is a spot for you to help and orchestrate a little praise along the way?  Or trust me, I know there is likely a non-profit or two nearby that would love your energy, your talent, your heart, and your time!
And if you need suggestions, reach out to me, I have a list of two (or maybe 200) who are ready to link arms with someone just like you!

Remember friends the by-product is PRAISE and we KNOW who inhabits PRAISE RIGHT?
THE LORD Himself and who would NOT benefit from that?

So, hopefully succinct and to the point today.
Worship with your service!
Praise with your help!
For: 
“Wherever you turn, you can find someone who needs you. Even if it is a little thing, do something for which there is no pay but the privilege of doing it. Remember, you don't live in a world all of your own.”   Schweitzer


I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment