Friday, January 27, 2017

WILL LIVE IN

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
 
God has said, “I will live in them and will walk among them. I will be their God 
2 Corinthians 6:16 (NLV)
 
Let that soak in for a second believers!
I (GOD) will live IN THEM…
 
That is you!
Residing in you at this very moment, as you read this, is your Heavenly Father.  No incantations needed.  No conjuring required.  No invitation. 
He is here with me and He is there with you!
 
And while that can be quite reassuring when the chips are down or struggles are in play, it can be a little disconcerting as well when our “walk” or “following” is out of frame or not quite up to snuff.
 
But I think what PAUL wanted us to sense was the former and not fear the latter.  
To be assured that…
...your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." – Deuteronomy 31:6 (NIV)
 
So now being reminded that GOD is living within you and walking with you today, how will that change things?
 
Will you lean on His leading?
What about the tough decisions?
What about when the traffic is snarled or the colleague gets the promotion?
What about when the client is misrepresenting what you said and decides to put you on TWITTER and FACEBOOK blast?
 
Remember:
GOD is with you!
GOD is walking beside you!
He wasn’t blindsided.
He has set the standard for response.
 
I will be quick to admit, it doesn’t take much distraction to cause me to forget the ever-presence of GOD in my life.  I find myself thinking about things and maybe even doing things that if I recalled His nearness wouldn’t “be great”; in fact, would be pretty counter to Christ.
 
That is why today I want to encourage us all to focus on the amazing intimacy of GOD.  That He, through Paul, has committed to deep intimacy with us and passion for us.
 
That is such an encouragement!
That is truly remarkable!
We should treasure it! 
Embrace it! Dare I say be quick to leverage it! 
That sort of intentional intimacy is INVALUABLE!!
 
“Just as teenagers can live in the same house as their parents, yet choose not to live “close” to them in partnership, so we can choose to be children of God, yet live very distant from God in our hearts. On the other hand, we can choose to have the closest partnership with Him, in which we know what He thinks, believes, and acts and what is important to Him. In this place of intimacy, we also discover just how close He wants to be with us.” - Dedmon
 
So, my dear friends, the weekend is in front of us.  Don’t limit your intimate time with the Father to those “goosebumpy” moments in worship or hold them for Sunday.
Instead GREET GOD with a hearty welcome today. 
Ask Him to traverse with you!
And you will discover a Father who loves to just “be with” you!
 
“God’s love is steady and relentless. It is unchanging and unconditional. It is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. God’s love is agape love, the kind of love that says, “I’m going to stay true to you until the end of time, no matter what you do, no matter how I feel, no matter how strained our relationship becomes. I will never leave you nor forsake you. You are mine, and I am yours, and our relationship is an eternal one.” 
― Jimmy Evans
 
I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment