Thursday, January 12, 2017

PUSH BACK

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

God is fighting for us
Pushing back the darkness
Lighting up the Kingdom
That cannot be shaken
In the Name of Jesus
Enemy's defeated -

This bridge from this song from Darlene Zchech is often led at my congregation in Xenia.  In fact, our worship Pastor Anna will often almost like a cheerleader at a sporting event, stand center stage and EXTOL the lyric I shared above.

And the reason I decided to share it today was that yesterday while having a cup of coffee with a friend who is by and large one of the most spiritually discerning individuals I interact with, encouraged me to PUSH BACK against the things that consistently and continually PRESS in on me.

The pressures of meeting all the expectations. Push back!
The oppression of lustful thoughts and fixations. Push back!
The confusion about my role and future. Push back!
The tendency to question my motivations. Push back!
Insecurities about my position. Push back!
The feelings of ineffectiveness. Push back!

He encouraged me to be intentional at the top of every day to push back almost physically against these in the NAME of JESUS knowing that with GOD on my side I CAN push them back, down, and away!
Remembering…With God on our side like this, how can we (I) lose?
Romans 8:31 (MSG)

Yet interestingly GOD like GOD often does, sends me a Word or encouragement from a friend that quickly needs to be disseminated to those I intersect as well.

So, for my folks still feeling pressed by thoughts of addiction, push back!
For those of you who are being pushed by relationship challenges, push back!
For those who are fighting with depression and anxiety, push back!

Let’s all remember that these pressures that we are facing are often NOT what we can see (Ephesians 6:12), but what we can’t; things that have been concocted in the darkness to derail us, to cause us to doubt!

Let’s all take GOD at this Word today, that Romans 8:31 Word. 
GOD IS fighting for us and with GOD on our side, we should never doubt, because we cannot and will not lose the battle(s). Whether that battle is named fear, or named doubt, or named confusion, or named uncertainty, or named loneliness or addiction, we can push it back, off and out of the picture in the name of Jesus!

And that should bring us great relief and great joy!

“Joy is based on the spiritual knowledge that, while the world in which we live is shrouded in darkness, God has overcome the world.” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen

Be blessed and empowered today…
I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNzKwlHoyxU

No comments:

Post a Comment