Tuesday, January 10, 2017

GRATEFUL

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 92 (MSG)
What a beautiful thing, God, to give thanks, to sing an anthem to you, the High God! To announce your love each daybreak…

I am announcing HIS love at daybreak today.

While social media can get a little consuming and often contributes to some folks undoing, yesterday was one of those days when social media for me was most humbling and honoring.

As most know, FACEBOOK alerts those who follow you or “watch your wall” from time to time of your birthday and yesterday was number 52 for me.  And thus, I was so blessed and so honored by over 400 “birthday wishes”. 

My little girl Sam even posted a picture from her recent wedding with some beautiful and touching sentiment attached. 
All of my kids left me special notes and texts! 
And many of you said some deeply personal, touching and most underserved things.  The truth is, the blessings of friendship GOD has granted me often stuns me.

Stuns me.

So, today’s OFH is just about my gratitude for all my friends, for their kind words, and for their indelible impact on my life, my family, and our journey.

Ward once said that:
 "Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."

I certainly don’t want to do that today.
I want to EXPRESS it!
Therefore, from the bottom of my heart I thank GOD for each of you today.

And yes, while yesterday was a “special” day for me, let’s both be resigned and designed to express and more importantly LIVE OUT our gratitude to the FATHER and to the BLESSINGS He has afforded EACH day and ALL day!

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them." John F. Kennedy

Be blessed today…
I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment