Friday, March 3, 2017

DON'T MISS A THING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“I work really hard NOT to miss GOD in the intimate and smallest details of my life.”

That is what she said.
Who you ask?
Ms. Amy from “Land of Goshen” Treatment Center in Ironton, Ohio. land-of-goshen



She said that after sitting down with me and some of my partners from The Nest and Her Story Recovery projects.  The reason she said it was because the conversations that ensued after our little breakfast and introductions and prior to the session getting started were clearly organized by GOD.

We hadn’t planned on meeting with Ms. Amy and her colleague Amber, but it didn’t take long to realize that we NEEDED to meet.

Encouragement NEEDED to be shared.
Best practices NEEDED to be discussed.
Partnership NEEDED to be forged.
Opportunities to help the addicted NEEDED to be explored.

GOD knew that!
So He took care of the details!

And while some may say that maybe we are “going a little too far” with this, I don’t believe, especially in the spaces of ministry and serving that much happens by coincidence.

I mean I would never question GOD’s interest and heart for the addicted and hurting and I would be the first to say that this epidemic that we are in the middle of is most certainly a “all hands-on deck” sort of challenge.  
So WHY WOULDN’T GOD help to orchestrate collaboration and relationships?

Interestingly GOD didn’t stop there.
No.

Later in the day Ms. Amy began to share a need in Lexington, Ky. that one of my partners from Springfield may be able to assist in.  She shared a desire to expand and assist the folks in West Virginia where the Lord has opened doors with my team and the Attorney General to move that along.

And the LORD didn’t stop.

A Pastor who has been on my to do list for a follow up for a couple of weeks bumps into me while I am headed out to be with my son-in-law who was at a the time dealing with a potentially severe eye issue.  Not only were we able to move the ball forward on the needs of his ministry and of Van Wert County, that Pastor was also quick to lift my son-in-law in prayer and encourage me! 
By the way, we received a wonderful report from the eye doctor.  All is well!

But I think you are getting Ms. Amy’s drift. 

GOD is engaged in the details of our lives, we just need to be watching and ready to acknowledge them.
And what is especially cool is that HE WILL BLESS us immeasurably when we do!
The fullness of joy is to behold God in everything.- Julian of Norwich

So, that brings me to you today.
Are you alert to what GOD will do in your day today?
Have you paused and asked Him to heighten your awareness to encourage your obedience so that you “don’t miss a thing”?
Remember - God doesn’t miss a thing – Proverbs 15:3 (MSG)

And we should do our best to not miss GOD in anything!


Have a blessed weekend.
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment