Thursday, March 16, 2017

"HEAR BETTER"

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“The quieter you become, the more you can hear” – Unknown
And yes while a little obvious, it is good counsel.  
I needed to hear it for my world is noisy.  
Really noisy.

Folks seeking treatment.
Constant job changes.
Families seeking answers; even my family.
Lots of calls filled with crisis and desperation.
Everyone “clamoring”.  Just the word clamoring denotes “noisy” doesn’t it?

I am sure your world is noisy too.
Deadlines.
Pressure.
Uncertainties.
Difficulties.
And they all seem to always operate in full throat and at full volume.

Yet it is in those times that “quiet” is more crucial than ever.
“In the craziness of our world, it takes tremendous effort to find a quiet place. It takes time to quiet your mind and your heart before the Lord.” ― Francis Chan
It’s a good thing to QUIETLY hope, QUIETLY hope for help from God. 
Lamentations 3:26 (MSG)
Quietly hope for GOD.
(And) …Be still and know that He is GOD (Psalm 46:10)

Ask yourself, where and when are you getting quiet so you can "hear better"?
The Word reminds that GOD is awake and ready to speak.

Perhaps the prayers for today should simply begin with a gentle “hello”, an “Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be your name, I am ready to hear what you have say today” even before “the kingdom come”.

But I will quickly admit, I don’t handle the quiet well. 
I don’t.  
The car radio is always squawking or I am chatting or streaming on my phone. 
I sleep with the TV on because my brain will not shut off.  Ironically last night during one of those times, the TV had a bit of an infomercial from Pastor Robert Morris selling his new book and teaching called "FREQUENCY", a study in how to "hear" and communicate with GOD.
 
But sadly, I don’t allow much of my space to ever be filled with silence.

I may have mentioned before that after we added Lincoln to the family (that is our little dachshund) his “schedule” is now such that he needs a little time outside before daybreak. So now most mornings he and I wander out on the hill in front of our house, he takes care of his business and I embrace the “quiet”. 

And I will be honest, this quiet time has been convicting.  I have been reminded of areas of my life and ministry that need to better today than they were yesterday and often GOD has offered the needed focus, a plan for the day and a little new energy to see it out. I am finding this “quiet”, albeit bleary eyed at times, to be welcoming and helpful.  
I am trying to “hear better”.

I do think I am going to secure Pastor Morris' new teaching though to hone the skills a bit more.

Yet, I am sure you have gleaned the encouragement for today already.  
Carve out a little quiet today.  
Tune your ears in the silence so that you can “hear better”.
And... 
Psalm 37:7 (AMP)
Be still before the Lord; wait patiently for Him and entrust yourself to Him…
Remember,
Jesus Himself arose early in the morning for a time of communion with the Father before the day began (Mark 1:35). Our daily “quiet time” is the key to Christian serenity and sanctity. It is then we can pray like Samuel, who said, “Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening” (1 Sam. 3:9 NIV).” ― Morgan

I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment