Thursday, March 9, 2017

VISIBLE LOVE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“…God says: 'I will love you with an everlasting love. I will be faithful to you, even when you run away from me, reject me, or betray me.'
In our society, we don’t speak much about covenants; we speak about contracts. When we make a contract with a person, we say: 'I will fulfill my part as long as you fulfill yours. When you don’t live up to your promises, I no longer have to live up to mine.' Contracts are often broken because the partners are unwilling or unable to be faithful to their terms.
But God didn’t make a contract with us; God made a covenant with us, and God wants our relationships with one another to reflect that covenant. That’s why marriage, friendship, life in community are all ways to give visibility to God’s faithfulness and BLESSING in our lives together.” ― Henri J.M. Nouwen

That should be a POWERFUL encouragement to us today!
GOD loves us!  His love lasts!
And GOD will CONTINUE to FAITHFULLY love us!
GOD has made an unbreakable "love covenant" with us!
WOW!

All GOD asks is that WE LOVE others so that HIS FAITHFUL love for ALL can be seen, felt and experienced!
When we love, it makes GOD’S love visible to others.
…everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." – John 13:35 (NIV)
  
As Nouwen exhorts, GOD desires that our RELATIONSHIPS with one another reflect His character, His dedication, His commitment, and this unwavering covenant of love.  
That is how we are to LOVE!
Love one another. As I have loved you... – John 13:24(NIV)

So, that is the assignment for today.
1. Pause, reflect, cherish, and thank GOD for His unwavering, unending covenant of LOVE for us.  
Love Him back for that!

2. Share that SAME love with those you encounter today.

We can do that, can’t we?
…our paths cross with others so that we may share our love, compassion, observations, and hope. This is (the) design of God – Maraboli

Show grace when judgment seems more appropriate.
Show tolerance when impatience seems the way to go.
Show love even in the face of rejection and misunderstanding.
Be the VISIBLE reflection of GOD’s love, blessing and HIS intimate friendship with us!  We ARE His friends!
…you are my friends… (John 15:15)

Let’s choose to love others today as Christ has loved us.
For LOVE…
"...is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.” ― C.S. Lewis

And I LOVE you my friends.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment