Tuesday, November 7, 2017

EYE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Psalm 16:11 (ESV)
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

I was sitting in one of many meetings last week when a good friend eluded that “in the mess we find His presence”.  To be clearer he PRAYED that, “Father it is IN THIS mess that we experience your presence.”

GOOD huh?
Reassuring.

Makes me think of the eye of a hurricane. I can remember some of the coverage from Irma when the eye was over one of the towns and despite just being bludgeoned minutes before by rain and wind, suddenly in the middle of all that mess was peace, sunshine, tranquility, and REST; a breather if you will.

Truth is friends GOD not only shows up in our messes and storms He quiets them, He is just like that eye.  (Mark 4:35-41)
The storm and mess can be causing chaos all around us but there in in HIS eyes THINGS are different.
There is FULLNESS of joy.
There is peace.
We just need to be looking into them.

In Your presence
That's where I am strong
In Your presence
O Lord my God
In Your presence
That's where I belong
Seeking Your face
Touching Your grace
In the cleft of the Rock
In Your Presence O God

I want to go
Where the rivers
Cannot overflow me
Where my feet are
On the rock
I want to hide
Where the blazing
Fire cannot burn me
In Your Presence O God

Seeking Your face
Touching Your grace
In the cleft of the Rock
In Your Presence O God
 – Wilbur

Things chaotic today?
Messy?
His EYE is on you.
Seek it out. 
You hold me by my right hand. You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. – Psalm 73:23-26 (NIV)


Have a blessed day!
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment