Friday, November 17, 2017

INVEST TO CHANGE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

It is a fact.
Making a significant change in our lives is “tough work”.
Starting a diet can be daunting.
Committing to exercise? Exhausting.
Cracking open that dusty BIBLE on the coffee table?  That seems difficult.
We are creatures of habit and routine.  And let’s be honest not all the habits or all the routines are really “healthy or good” for us.  

I will confess, my little habit of a glass of milk and something sweet before hitting the pillow is not in any medical handbook or will never be featured on Dr. Oz as a good nightly practice.  But sadly, you will still find me poised with my favorite mug as I jump in the sack to retire for the night.
And even though Dr. Delaney next to me wants me to “change”, I struggle to take her advice.  I'm just not ready I guess.

The simple reality is change has to be intentional.
Change requires willingness.
Change demands discipline.
But change is possible. 
It takes an investment to cultivate a new habit.
  
I know that when I started to write this little blog the thought of penning something daily seemed overwhelming.  But today is my 1403rd post and it has become a habit I don’t ever wish to break.

So it begs the question, what are some areas that you wish to change?

Want to stop a destructive habit?
Perhaps start a new healthy one? 
Want to do “better” about your devotions? 
Spend some more time in prayer?  
Then be intentional and commit to invest! 
Start today to develop the discipline needed. You CAN!  
GOD will honor the effort! In fact He desires it!
…your attitudes and thoughts must all be constantly changing for the better. Yes, you must be a new and different person, holy and good. Clothe yourself with this new nature.  - Ephesians 4:23-24 (TLB)

Never forget GOD loves us just the way we are, but He doesn’t want us to stay that way.  Daily He desires us to draw nearer to Him, to throw off those things that hinder us or don’t reflect His nature or bring Him honor and glory. 

And the reality is all of us have areas in our lives that need changing, need tweaking, need improving.  It is up to us to be open and looking for new ways and ideas!  The intelligent man (woman) is always open to new ideas. In fact, he (she) looks for them. - Proverbs 18:15 (TLB)

GOD will honor that desire to change.  
In fact, He will help us in the process if we allow Him. 
If your inner life is not producing what you would like on the outside, don't be discouraged... just be willing to change. - Joyce Meyer 



I love you all!
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment