Tuesday, May 22, 2012

HAT RACK

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Yesterday was a “HAT-RACK” day for me.
I got to wear the husband hat, my dad hat, my advocate hat, my relapse counselor hat, my brother hat, my “conflict resolutioner” hat, my consoler hat, my intercessor hat, my compassionate hat, my adoptive parent hat, my preacher hat, not to mention the taxicab hat, the referee hat, the consultant hat and the encourager hat to boot. And I am positive there was a couple I forgot like the “car negotiator” hat, travel agent hat, cell-phone helper hat…you get my drift.
If this is the life of a Pastor it is no wonder that Pastor Mark is as "follically challenged" as he is! J TOO MANY HATS!
Now don’t get me wrong, I love being a Pastor. There are just some days when it’s rather “loose” job description can get a smidge chaotic.
But I am sure that I am not alone.
That is why I appreciate passages that offer a path to sanity for “hat-rack” days.
Philippians 4:4-7
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
There are times when we're all caught off guard by life. We are suddenly faced with problems that can wipe out our joy in an instant. Big surprises or a strange twist, maybe a disturbing phone call out of the blue or tragic email can unsteady us. Our hearts are disquieted and we go into “scramble-mode”.
Reply to that text with a verse, pick up that call and console, talk with the counselor at school and craft an alternative, help the one who just got her job with some transportation, START SWAPPING HATS!
Can you relate?
I know you can!
We live in a busy, rapid, and intense culture and it is easy to get swept up in its intensity.
That is why I said, I love passages that encourage me to take off the hats and pause and pray.
I listen when GOD says “DON’T BE ANXIOUS”.
Because I know that when I pause and pray, GOD will bring order and provision to the “hat-rack” day.
Philippians 4:19
And my God will liberally supply ( fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
So if you’re standing at YOUR hat-rack this morning and mulling over which one to put on first, pause.
Pray.
Prayer guards hearts and minds and causes God to bring peace out of chaos.
- Beth Moore
Get a little perspective. Grab a little peace.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment