Monday, May 7, 2012

IT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“Pastor, I can’t let “IT” go.”
What is “It”?
Relationship? Old habit?
Is "IT" bitterness? Frustration? Hurt?
Sadly, the answer to “IT” is usually “ALL THE ABOVE”.
And “IT” can often be summed up in a single word; the “PAST”.
For many of us our past can dog us, haunt us, taunt us and unfortunately debilitate us. “IT” is the ultimate bad penny, that dark cloud that tracks us down daily to rain on our parade. “IT” is a clingy cuss.
This past week I was working with several folks whose past won’t let them go because THEY won’t LET “IT” GO. Even though we know “IT”is dysfunctional, unproductive, and painful, we seemingly can’t put “IT” out with the trash where it belongs.
Instead we give IT a say in our day.
We check the FACEBOOK page, we forget that "IT" didn't work. we leave the phone number in our contact list, we drive by the house, and we entertain “IT”and sometimes even invite “IT” to stay over.
WHY?
Good question.
The BIBLE makes it CLEAR that is “not a good plan”. Instead we are to leave“IT”.
Philippians 3:13-14
…But there is one thing I do: I forget what is in the past and try as hard as I can to reach the goal before me. 14 I keep running hard toward the finish line to get the prize that is mine because God has called me through Christ Jesus to life up there in heaven.
I know “IT” is hard to forget, hard to leave behind. But when “IT” keeps you from achieving what GOD has NEXT for you, it is time for “IT” to go, to hit the bricks, to as BIFF from BACK to the FUTURE would say, “Make like a tree and get out of here.” J
It no longer controls you nor has a SAY in your day!
Romans 6:6
Could it be any clearer? Our old way of life was nailed to the cross with Christ, a decisive end to that sin-miserable life—no longer at sin's every beck and call!
Come on, it is time to learn from the past put it behind and move on ahead.
Paul makes it clear in today’s scripture that he is on a journey and has determined that in order for him to “make it”he MUST forget the past and reach forward.
He keeps it simple.
Ditch the past and move TOWARD JESUS!
That needs to be our goal as well for we too are on a journey to Jesus.
If we try to drag all the hurts and mistakes of the past along with us on the journey we have NO SHOT!
Instead let’s choose to receive his healing and forgiveness, keep our eyes on Him and move and LIVE FORWARD!
What do you say?
Let’s pray!
Father, you did take all of my past failures, broken promises, bad decisions, and mistakes with You to the cross. I thank you for your healing and forgiveness! Help me today to truly leave my hurts and failures in the past and keep my eyes on you. Remove “IT” from my mind, take “ITS” control over my life away today as I move forward along the path you have for me. Psalm 25:7
Forget that I sowed wild oats; Mark me with your sign of love. Plan only the best for me, God!
In Jesus name, AMEN
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney




No comments:

Post a Comment