Wednesday, June 5, 2013

180 MOMENTS





Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I arrived to praise and worship team practice last night a defeated fella. The day, thanks mostly to MY choices and reactions, had left me sapped and to be honest a little sullen.
Don’t feel sorry for me. I did enough personal sulking and “kicking the can” for all of us. Trust me. I clearly didn’t pay much attention to my “mirror-mate” and all of that affirmation I shared yesterday. There are some days where I NEED to practice what I write.
But toward the end of practice and before choir had kicked into gear, Pastor Eric was led to share from Psalm 118. He thought he was providing context for a song we have been sharing with AHOP and he was. What he didn’t know was he was speaking exactly what I needed to hear.
I pulled a few verses for you today. Maybe you need hear them too.
Psalm 118
Praise the Lord because he is good!
His faithful love will last forever…
I was in trouble, so I called to the Lord for help.
The Lord answered and made me free.
The Lord is with me, so I will not be afraid.
No one on earth can do anything to harm me.
The Lord is my helper.
I will see my enemies defeated.
It is better to trust in the Lord
than to trust in people.
Many enemies surrounded me,
but with the Lord’s power I defeated them.
They surrounded me again and again,
but I defeated them with the Lord’s power.
They surrounded me like a swarm of bees,
but they were quickly destroyed like a fast-burning bush.
I defeated them with the Lord’s power.
My enemy attacked me and almost destroyed me,
but the Lord helped me.
The Lord is my strength and my reason for singing.
He saved me!...
Lord, I thank you for answering my prayer.
I thank you for saving me.
Lord, you are my God, and I thank you.
My God, I praise you!
29 Praise the Lord because he is good.
His faithful love will last forever.
Isn’t it wonderful how the WORD of GOD can reset the most ransacked of days? I felt completely out of frame and oppressed at 5:35pm and 90 minutes later I was refreshed and refocused.
That is a supernatural thing. That is evidence that GOD never loses sight of what we need.
How else can one explain the 180 degree change?
We just need to be listening for it.
I need to seek it more fervently.
Perhaps you too have been having a less than stellar set of days, join me and grab hold of the promises and power in this passage.
GOD loves you FOREVER!
GOD protects you FOREVER!
GOD answers you FOREVER!
GOD saves you FOREVER! (Even when you don’t feel like you are much worth saving)
GOD REIGNS FOREVER!
GOD has "got this"...whatever "this" is.
Can't you feel things turning around already?
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment