Friday, June 7, 2013

PERIOD. END OF STORY




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Woke up today “extra” blessed.
To be frank, I don’t have many days when even if I am a little creaky and bleary around the eyes, I don’t wake up blessed. Near death experiences will help you to appreciate days when you WAKE UP on this side of the dirt!
But yesterday was a day of blessing that infused itself right through my slumber and to my keyboard this morning.
My daughter Hillary who was diagnosed with cancer just a few short months ago received a very positive prognosis from her doctor yesterday. All indicators point to a full recovery and healthy life for her!
She even gets to return to her job at Disney World!
And while that news was stunning and “over the top”, what was more astounding was my daughter’s quiet resolve. After the doctor had stepped out I had my arm around her and she said, “I always knew I was alright”.
Amazing right?
Hillary is the quiet one of my kids. She rarely “expresses”much. She can be a bit hyper when stressed. We even call her the Hilacopter sometimes because when she is under a little duress she flaps her hands swiftly and sounds like a helicopter.
But no Hilacopter yesterday. Just steely confidence.
She had placed her faith in GOD from the get-go and she stood on His promises without waver. I knew my faith and her mama’s was steady, but hers was “matter of fact”.
Her view was GOD had her and cancer didn’t. Period, end of story.
Romans 8:28
And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.
And while yesterday’s outcome was positive and promising, I am convinced that had it even gone in the opposite direction, Hillary’s reaction would have been the same.
GOD has got it. I am alright.
Hillary doesn’t wear her faith on her sleeve or brandish it about. She, like I said, is quiet and introspective. But she confirmed a vital truth yesterday with her response.
IF YOU…
Matthew 6:34
…Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don’t get worked up about what may or may not happen … God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.
I am so grateful that she is on the road to a cancer-free future, but I am even more grateful for her testimony of faith and determination.
I learned from her yesterday, but I believe that is a lesson for all of us each and every day.
“GOD’s has got it. I am alright. Period, end of story.”
1 Corinthians 10:13
…God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.
Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment