Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MANNA




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand…”
That is a good old hymn.
You will likely find that one in the “red” hymnal in many a church for sure. Carries such a powerful assurance doesn't it?
He hides us; he covers us. In other words He provides shielding, provision, and protection from the dry thirsty conditions of this world; a world that is often barren and desolate not to mention harsh, stinging and painful.
Last night at FREEDOM CHURCH, Kristi, a dear friend, shared a message about GOD’s provision for Israelites in the wilderness. She reminded us that GOD was so deeply protective of those children in the desert that He never left them hungry.
She pointed out that GOD provided and protected during those long years of wandering.
But most of all she reminded us of how GOD loved.
Kristi shared how GOD provided a “covering of manna” for them each and every morning. 9 tons of food a day according to Kristi’s research and that manna was GOD's simple and practical expression of love, sustenance and protection for His followers.
It was GOD's hand of assurance!
Maybe today you like those Israelites have awakened to the prospects of a “dry and thirsty day”; your own wilderness to navigate.
A tough boss?
Fear because layoffs are looming?
Maybe there are some overwhelming expectations outside that front door you feel you don’t have what it takes?
Got a little too much month and not enough money?
Whatever your wilderness, whatever your dry and thirsty condition, GOD wants me to tell you that you will be protected, provided for and covered by His hand just like those children of so long ago.
Here is how I know...
Psalm 18:2
The Lord is my Rock, my fortress, my place of safety.
He is my God, the Rock I run to for protection.
He is my shield; by his power I am saved.
He is my hiding place high in the hills.
2 Corinthians 9:8
And God can give you more blessings than you need, and you will always have plenty of everything.
Whether it is a covering of manna in the desert or the patience to deal with the drama of the office, GOD will provide.
All you need to do is ask.
So why not start here.
Psalm 91:
Say this: “God, you’re my refuge.
I trust in you and I’m safe!”
That’s right—he rescues you from hidden traps, shields you from deadly hazards.
His huge outstretched arms protect you—under them you’re perfectly safe…
Yes, because God’s your refuge, the High God your very own home...
Philippians 4:19
You can be sure that God will take care of everything you need
There it is.
Protection and provision, refuge and strength, confidence and assurance and from the GOD who covers YOU with His LOVE.
I love you all…
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment