Friday, June 6, 2014

KEEP RIGHT ON CLINGING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
No one likes to fail.
No one.
Me included.

GOD blesses us beyond measure, inspires us beyond our capacities, opens doors and sets in motion amazing things for us only to have us many times repay him with selfishness and sin.
If I were GOD I sure wouldn’t tolerate me.
I wouldn’t.
But thank GOD I am not GOD.
And thank GOD He doesn’t think the way I think or act the way I act!
Isaiah 55:8 (ERV)
The Lord says, “My thoughts are not like yours. Your ways are not like mine.

The truth is none of us want to fail GOD.  To be honest I hate it when I do.  As soon as I do, I wish I hadn’t.  As soon as I do, the enemy comes along and tells me that I “just cashed my last GRACE CHECK, I have really done it this time, GOD’s blessings on you and for you are done, finished, and empty.  Don’t count on Him coming to your aid or inspiring you anymore.”  “All the help is over.”
Frustrates and to be brutally honest infuriates me.

But thank GOD the enemy is wrong and a liar.  
Thank GOD!
Lamentations 3…
God’s loyal love couldn’t have run out, his merciful love couldn’t have dried up. God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits, to the woman who diligently seeks.
It’s a good thing to quietly hope, quietly hope for help from God.
It’s a good thing…to stick it out through the hard times.
Don’t run from trouble. Take it full-face. The “worst” is never the worst.

So our worst is never the worst.  It may feel like it and the consequences may sting or even stagger.  But the hope, mercy and grace of GOD is impervious to our failings.  Period. End of story!

So what to do when we fail?

Run to GOD
Confess your sin or your failure
Ask for GOD’S mercy. Ask His counsel.

And then remember the character of God. HE DOESN'T LIE!
Remember His promises — cling to them. 
Psalm 119:31
I cling to your testimonies; O Lord do not put me to shame.

The secret to recovering from failure is to continue to cling to GOD.
Sometimes that clinging feels like it is by the fingernails for we have slipped off the cliff and are hanging by a thread. But hang ON!  GOD is FAITHFUL!
Keep right on clinging!

Joel 2:14
…Come back to God, your God. And here’s why: God is kind and merciful. He takes a deep breath, puts up with a lot, This most patient God, extravagant in love, always ready to cancel catastrophe.
Ephesians 1:7
…we’re a free people—free of penalties and punishments chalked up by all our misdeeds. And not just barely free, either.
Abundantly free!

Even when we fail!

HAVE A BLESSED weekend!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
 
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment