Friday, June 13, 2014

TRUTH'S ANCHOR - 6.12.2014

TRUTH'S ANCHOR
Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“God’s Word is an immovable anchor in times of storm.” – Charles Stanley
Here of late the FREEDOM and JEREMIAH TREE ministries have been hit hard with tragedy, struggle and relapse. Maybe it has been this challenging before and I was “fresher” for the fight, but this recent season has been a tough one.
Death.
Folks facing long-range consequences and incarceration.
Health scares.
Treatment centers full while the heroin highway is flourishing.
Discouragement seems to be seeping in. Fatigue as well. Folks are looking for hope, looking for “relief”.
The storm is raging and the battering is taking its toll. They need something to hold on to.
Thank GOD for HIS WORD.
It and it alone can stand up to pounding. It and it along can put up a roadblock on the heroin highway. It and it along can make sense of death and bring hope to the incarcerated! It is that anchor.
In the face of the WORD…
Discouragement cowers.
Fear falters.
Hope rises!
Are you feeling the effects of a personal STORM? Are you battered? Bewildered? Fatigue getting the best of you…?
How bout I give you something to hold on to!
Romans 8:31
What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
Isaiah 41:10
Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
So the storms can continue to rage. Let them. Mistakes will continue to be made, the enemy will continue to take his shots, and we may face tough consequences and difficult times. But the anchor will hold!
The TRUTH will TRIUMPH!
Hope wins.
Hebrews 6:19
This hope is a safe anchor for our souls. It will never move.
HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
I love ya!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment