Friday, May 13, 2016

FEEL LIGHTER?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“How would your life be different if…You stopped worrying about things you can’t control and started focusing on the things you can? 
Let today be the day…You free yourself from fruitless worry" - Mariboli

Maybe there is a big deadline looming. Maybe things at the office are tense and uncomfortable. Or maybe there is some uncertainty regarding a doctor’s visit or a session with the counseling team.
Whatever the circumstance one thing is for sure, worry makes “whatever” more “weighty”.  It IS a fruitless addition.
Don’t you agree?

I know for me, worry is challenge. I, according to the “experts” was (and sometimes still am) an official worry wart. Don’t believe me, just ask the 8 doctors that used to treat me regularly.
But GOD has been peppering me with this little passage.
Matthew 6:25
I tell you this: Do not worry about your life…

I mean peppering. 

I am being put into situations where I need to share it, situations where I need to apply it, and situations where if I don’t believe it, I would have no fingernails left.  Situations like this week where if I am not careful I will be weighted heavily by worry.
But I know I am not alone.

Thankfully GOD promises to lift the weight!
Matthew 6:30-33 (MSG)
If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers—most of which are never even seen—don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you? What I'm trying to do here is to get you to relax... People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over...things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

We so often see the circumstances of life through a lens of worry and fear. Anxious, fearful thoughts fill our minds: “I am going to lose my job… my children are going to get hurt… my marriage is going to crater… this will be a failure...I will not be able to make it financially… my goose is cooked!!!”
Yet there is Jesus imploring, “Do not worry about your life.”

Jesus wants us to abstain from anxiety.
It is wasteful. Worry does not solve problems… it does not dry tears… it does not draw us closer to God. It is a total waste of time and energy.
Matthew 6:27
Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
But mostly worry, is well…sinful. That’s right.
Sinful.
Why?
Because worry is the opposite of faith and Paul says…
Romans 14:23
Whatever is not from faith is sin.

Worry tells God we do not trust Him, and we don’t think He is not able to take care of us and the situations we face.

So what to do?
Transfer the worry. Give it to GOD. Remind yourself that “HE ALREADY” owns it.
Psalm 24:1
The earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains.
And He wants it.
Matthew 11:28
Come to me, all of you who are tired and have heavy loads, and I will give you rest...

So let's both exercise a little faith today.
And release the weight of worry.
Feel lighter? 

I love you all.
Have a great weekend...
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment