Tuesday, May 24, 2016

THAT'S JUST WHAT IT DOES

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

When all hope fades away ~ And prayers are only words
Just reach out in faith and know ~ He’s already heard
He’ll mend your wounded heart ~ Peace He will restore
His arms are opened wide ~ Walk through mercy’s door
That’s what grace is for. – Legacy 5

Ahhh… grace.
Breathe it in this morning.

Grace, grace GOD’s grace!  Grace that will WILL pardon and cleanse within!
Grace, grace GOD’s grace!  Grace that is greater than all our sin.

...by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God… Ephesians 2:8 (ESV)

But you say…you don’t understand what I have done, where I have been, things I have said, thoughts I have thought, choices that I have made.
You say you don’t understand how “dry” I feel, how separated and lonely, how low and worthless I am.

And the Lord says, that’s what grace is for.
It is for mending.  It brings peace.  It showers mercy.  That's just what grace does.

And no is not a license to continue in those thoughts and behaviors (see Romans 6) it IS the assurance that if you fall into those patterns or if you make some of those same mistakes, grace is greater.

Period.

I was on the phone with a troubled addict yesterday. 

She had asked me to write a letter to the judge she is set to appear in front of in just a couple of hours.  She is seeking his “grace”.

I deeply love this lady.  She has great potential!
Yet she has made some “big” mistakes, no question; the kind of mistakes that usually lead to some “time away”.  But my encouragement to her was regardless of what “happened” today that GOD’S grace was greater.  Even though she may face some unpleasant consequences that will never change how GOD feels about her, how He sees her.

That’s just what grace does.



It takes roads that I have chosen, promises I have broken and covers them in an all consuming love. It breaks the lies that once that once held me back reminding me again that I’m not who I was…

That’s just what grace does. – Brian Free

Are you feeling “less than” today?
Have you chosen a wrong path or two?
Listened to some lies?  My ears are not immune I will admit that.

Let’s remember.  
There are open arms waiting this morning ready to embrace us again and remind us that mercy and help are most certainly ours.

That’s just what grace does.

I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment