Wednesday, May 18, 2016

NO SLAVERY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“It is impossible to enslave, mentally or socially, a Bible-reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom.” – Greeley

Pastor Brooks shared this little nugget last Sunday.  
Pause over it and parse it out a little.

The WORD of GOD frees us from the “slavery” of the enemy…
Slavery you say?  Yes…

Mental “slaveries” like “you are a failure, you will never amount to anything, you are the product of your parents, you will always be a laughing stock, you are a constant joke, you can’t get out of your own way, you will never find success, GOD has grown weary of you.”
Ever been "bound" by any of that or those lies?

How about social “slaveries” like financial oppression, or never being a part of the “in crowd” or being outcast as a ne’er do well, addict or miscreant?”
Ever experienced some of that?  I have…

And yet Greeley reminds us both that the BIBLE says WHO THE SON SETS FREE IS FREE INDEED! – John 8:36. 

So we are NOT slaves!  Not today, not ever!

Greeley’s quote reminds us that this amazing BIBLE defuses and detaches ALL of that mental and social slavery with shackle shattering TRUTHS!

So declare these BIBLE BASICS right now! 
And before you move any further FILL UP with the FREEDOM they promise!

I am alive with Christ (Ephesians 2:5).

I have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16; Philippians 2:5).

I have the Greater One living in me; greater is He Who is in me than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4).

I am God’s child for I am born again of the incorruptible seed of the Word of God, which lives and abides forever (1 Peter 1:23).

I am God’s workmanship, created in Christ unto good works (Ephesians 2:10).

I am a partaker of His divine nature (2 Peter 1:3-4).

I am part of a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a purchased people (1 Peter 2:9).

I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21).

I am His elect, full of mercy, kindness, humility, and long-suffering (Romans 8:33; Colossians 3:12).

I am delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom (Colossians 1:13).

I am strengthened with all might according to His glorious power (Colossians 1:11).

I am submitted to God, and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the Name of Jesus (James 4:7).

Feeling freer?  
I hope so!


I love you all!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment