Monday, May 9, 2016

START WITH THANKS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

It does not matter what your circumstances are; the instant you begin to thank God, even though your situation has not changed, you begin to change. The key that unlocks the gates of heaven is a thankful heart.” - Frangipane

How do I say thank you Lord?
For the way that You love, and the way that You come?
For all that You’ve done, and all that You’ll do?
My heart pours out, thank you

How do I say thank you Lord?
For the life that You gave, the cross that You bore?
For the love you poured out, to ransom my soul?
My heart pours out, this thankful song?

You walked through all of my walls
Conquered my shame
Stepped into my past
Filled my world with grace

You don’t have to come, but You always do
You show up in splendor and change the whole room - Helser

Time to thank Him before heading out?
Yes!

I love the bridge lines of that song especially:
You (GOD) have walked through all of my walls. 

As Pastor Eric said yesterday GOD has and will walk us through those walls of guilt, those walls of fear, those walls of doubt, those walls of insecurity, those walls of failure, those walls of indecision to help us, to change us, to resurrect us, to advance us, and to deliver us.  
Even if we are the ones who have RAISED those walls them to keep Him out.

Thank Him for that!

Feeling shame?
Anchored by the past?
GOD has conquered them…SAY THANKS!
GOD has offered ALL the GRACE you will ever need!
Say thanks!

GOD is ready to change the tenor of today and the tenor of the rooms you will occupy. 
His splendor will envelope you and provide the hammer needed to break through those walls, to tear down those barriers, to help you claim victory.

And it all starts with THANKS.
Therefore:

Bless and affectionately praise the Lord, O my soul,
And do not forget any of His benefits… Psalm 103:2(AMP)

...and unlock the splendor of heaven!
Be blessed!
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment