Wednesday, September 21, 2016

THEY FAIL NOT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

22 years old and a friend notices a lump.  She gets it diagnosed and the word given is cancer.  Her prognosis is a good one and she beats it back.  Then years later the doctors say the nemesis has returned.  More treatments, more hair loss, more sickness, more of that chemo stuff and yet again she and GOD beat it back.

Rare is the cancer survivor but even more rare is the one who goes two rounds and is still upright.  And not merely upright but inspiring others to stay steady and hopeful, stating BOLDLY that “HIS COMPASSIONS they fail not”…GREAT is the FAITHFULNESS of the LORD.

Lucado said in his book “Every Day Deserves a Chance” that, ”If God is enough for you, then you’ll always have enough, because you’ll always have God.”

This is so true of S.G.

Social worker extraordinaire. A compassionate warrior for others.  A light to those suffering.  A testimony to the compassion and faithfulness of GOD on those He has bestowed a purpose.

S.G and my Beth have been good friends and colleagues for years and last night S.G. was given the honor as a CHAMPION of HOPE by Miami Valley Hospital.  It is an honor bestowed on a precious few who embody courage, faith, resolve, unselfishness and love.

I couldn’t be happier for S.G.

Yet it was in her acceptance speech that she uttered the lyric from that powerful old song “Great is thy Faithfulness”; reminding us all that the "compassions" of the Lord toward us and for us FAIL NOT!

They don’t.

The Psalmist said it this way…
You, Lord, are all I have, and you give me all I need; my future is in your hands. How wonderful are your gifts to me; how good they are! I praise the Lord, because he guides me, and in the night my conscience warns me. I am always aware of the Lord's presence; he is near, and nothing can shake me. - Psalm 16:5-8 (GNT)

Is that not a powerful passage?

The Lord gives us all we need even in the face of CANCER. (Philippians 4:19) 
The Lord secures our future.
The Lord blesses us with gifts, immeasurable gifts; good gifts!
The Lord guides.  The Lord warns. The Lord is near.

Nothing can shake us!
Not cancer.
Not the uncertainly of the future. (I need this one today!)
Not the challenges of life.

So rest in that today. I am going to try as my days have never been more uncertain, remembering that His "COMPASSIONS" don’t fail; His faithfulness is reliable!

…the Master never lets us down. He’ll stick by you and protect you.
2 Thessalonians 3:3 (MSG)

The furious love of God knows no shadow of alteration or change. It is (always) reliable.
- Manning

It fails not!


I love you all…
Opportunities for Hope (Champions Charge)

No comments:

Post a Comment