Friday, November 18, 2016

ASTONISHING

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

“We should be astonished at the goodness of God, stunned that He should bother to call us by name, our mouths wide open at His love, bewildered that at this very moment we are standing on holy ground.” ― Brennan Manning

Let that sit for a second this morning.
It that how you are feeling this morning?
It should be.
I say that to myself too.
I do.

Because my mind is already cluttered with the calendar, the 25 or 30 pages of legal pad notes that need attention, consolidation, organization and action. 
You as well?

Manning’s thoughts are quite sobering and do demand immediate reflection and attention; they demand some honor.  Yet have we become so humdrum and comfy in our positions to miss or take for granted those revelations?

GOD is ASTONISHING
But think about this: while we were wasting our lives in sin, God revealed His powerful love to us in a tangible display—(JESUS) died for us
Romans 5:8(V)

His GRACE and ACCEPTANCE STUNNING.
I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. John 10:14-15 (ESV)

Our mouths should indeed drop at the very notion of these things; this love, this inclusion.  But do they? Or are we no longer bewildered at the mere thought of a GOD who could love us like He loves us, no longer humbled by the holiness of the ground we tread?

Hmmm....

I like the way Mother Teresa says it here: 
“God made the world for the delight of human beings-- if we could see His goodness everywhere, His concern for us, His awareness of our needs: the phone call we've waited for, the ride we are offered, the letter in the mail, just the little things He does for us throughout the day. As we remember and notice His love for us, we just begin to fall in love with Him because He is so busy with us -- you just can't resist Him…

So, the question for today is are you astonished, stunned and bewildered about the busy LOVE of GOD for you today?  
Think you should be?  I know I should!
Think we should return that love in kind?
We love because he first loved us.- 1 John 4:19 (NIV)

Hmmm....

Have a blessed weekend!
I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment