Wednesday, November 2, 2016

SO LONG SADNESS

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Spent about an hour or so yesterday with a sweet lady who in a word was just “sad”. Don’t need a more flowery description or need to try to paint a more vivid picture, she was sad.

Circumstances and frustration had drained her. Funds were short and so were fuses at her home. She suffered a devastating loss just a few months before and the fog had not yet lifted. Life had gotten heavy and she wanted relief. It had become virtually impossible to eke out even slimmest grin. She was perpetually teetering on tears. 

But life has a way of doing that to all of us, doesn’t it? 
It can drain us, upset us, confused and confound us. 
Its circumstances can make us sad. 

Have you been there before? 
Maybe you are there this morning.  I will admit, I am a little.
Life has taken its measure or exacted its toll and you too are feeling sad?

Can I give you some good news?  
Good news I shared with her? 
GOOD NEWS I am sharing with myself? 
If we HOLD ON, smiles are coming! 
Psalm 30:5 (MSG)…The deepest pains may linger through the night, but joy greets the soul with the smile of morning. 

See?

Friends TRUE JOY comes from the LORD and it is supernatural, strengthening and CIRCUMSTANCE-PROOF!
Nehemiah 8:10 (NIV)
…the joy of the Lord is your strength.

JOY is found in Him always!
Even when circumstances dictate otherwise.
And we can celebrate that!
Celebrate God all day, every day. I mean, revel in him! 
Philippians 4:4 (MSG)

So, even when we are “sad”, GOD still says be GLAD!  And GOD reminds us that WE (those who are IN HIM and WITH HIM) always have reasons for gladness, that we are literally circumstance-proof; that even during hardship, we can purposefully CHOOSE to live with joy. 
In fact, GOD even promises to equip us! 
Galatians 5:22 (NIV)
…the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, JOY, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

This affirms that we have fail-safe access and a way to turn tears of sadness into joy and gladness!

Therefore, let's circumstance-proof ourselves today with the strengthening tonic of JOY! For while difficulty, may be inevitable, God's truth is un-shakeable and it WILL circumstance-proof us! 
So-long sadness! 
Hello gladness! 
The Lord is my strength and my safe cover. My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped. 
So, my heart is full of joy. I will thank Him with my song.  Psalm 28:7 (MSG)

I love you all!
Be blessed today.
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment