Tuesday, November 15, 2016

LOVE ACCOMPLISHES MUCH

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

…whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.” ... Van Gogh

...let’s not just talk about love; let’s practice real love. 
This is the only way we’ll know we’re living truly, living in God’s reality.
1 John 3:18 (MSG)

One of the perks of this past year has been getting to meet some AMAZING people who work in the RECOVERY SPACE.  From Cleveland to Cincinnati, Columbus to Hillsboro the LORD has inspired so many diverse and amazing folks to join in the fight against drug addiction.

None more than my friends from www.igniteourcity.com
This team is truly remarkable.  They are fearless, inventive, passionate and creative.  And a few days ago I shared about their OVERCOMING event held back on the 4th which was by no stretch the best run event I had attended this year.  

That brings me to last night and today.
They invited me to come back and share “a deeper look” into addiction and the role of the believer.  So last night at the ROOSEVELT Coffee House in Columbus (www.rooseveltcoffee.org), several concerned folks returned for great coffee and a round-table teaching.

I will admit, these moments can be a little surreal for me.  The sheer fact that GOD first has allowed me to meet so many loving individuals who accept me despite my flaws and allows me to share the experience and insight he has afforded me is so deeply humbling.
Last night was no exception.  It was an honor.
But when walking from getting my coffee to the place where we were meeting I was stopped by a little piece of wall art of that quote from Van Gogh. I put down my coffee and snapped a picture because boy is that some good direction and advice for us!

“Whoever loves PERFORMS much!”

How is your love performing?  
Are you practicing love or merely giving it lip service?  
This team from IGNITE are not talkers.  They are doers!
The question is, are we?
If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.
John 13:17 (ESV)

We KNOW to love.  
Does our PERFORMANCE reflect it?

But I especially like the message in the back half of that quote from Van Gogh.
When we love, we can ACCOMPLISH much; for what is DONE in LOVE is WELL DONE.

Fuller remarked:
There is more pleasure in loving than in being beloved.

Believe that?
That much is accomplished in love?

This little coffee house we met in is dedicated to supporting those who are trafficked and the impoverished.  They are LOVING well in mission and are accomplishing much, making a dent in the trafficking trade one cup of coffee at a time.

So the question today is an obvious one, one I have already sort of asked.

Are we willing to do as John suggests today and PRACTICE real love?  

Much will be accomplished!
We will experience the reality of GOD!
For blessed we will be in the doing and in the performing!!

I love you all…
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment