Wednesday, November 23, 2016

THANK-FILLED

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Let your lives overflow with joy and thanksgiving for all HE has done. – Colossians 2:7 (LB)

Take a breath.
Read that passage again.
With Thanksgiving, just, a day away it is a GOOD TIME to GIVE THANKS.  
OBVIOUSLY!

Put down the distractions.
Lift your eyes and lift a prayer of THANKSGIVING!

If you do, then the ‘overflow with joy’ part will take care of itself.
I mean when we remind ourselves of all that HE has done, we can’t help but be filled up!

“Gratitude is the well spring of life.” ― Akita

For example, my dear friend Chris G., who is one of those people in my life who causes me to overflow because of the AMAZING work he is doing in Licking County, the connections he has made, the impact he and his team are having on the entire community, he is a blessing.

Stephanie J. a warrior in the fight against heroin in Allen County, along with Nicole W across the entire Northeastern part of our state, cause me to overflow with joy and thanks as does my dear Hope over Heroin team of Rosalie and Blaze.  

Not to mention the SUPER SIX, Amy, Amber, Alisha, Jennifer, Veronica, and Carol from Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine’s team who inspire and energize me each day with their leadership, passion and heart!

I could go on, the names of those who cause me to over-spill with gladness for what GOD has inspired and knit together would need a warehouse of paper.

And don’t get me started about my partners, my friends, my wife, my kids, my family or those I watch emerge from darkness to light each day.  

There isn’t time.  
My bucket is not big enough!

Case in point, a friend from my childhood, someone I hadn’t seen in person since the 70’s stopped by our home late yesterday afternoon.  He was a baseball buddy when neither one of us was very good at that sport.  So, we laughed and shared stories of family and experience and I was reminded once again, that GOD has immeasurably blessed me with amazing relationships all along the way.

So, what do you think of when you read that passage from Colossians?  What fills you to overflowing when you think of WHAT GOD has done in your life and for you?

Are you like me and your mind and heart turn to the relationships; relationships like Natalie J., Marlene L., Mike and Blair L., Dan and Bernie S., Matt G., Amy W & Kevin H. and so many others? Or does your mind jolt you to times when GOD delivered you or when his PROVISION was un-mistakeable?

As you can see the encouragement is a simple one today.

Let’s turn our eyes and hearts towards the Lord and THANK HIM for every blessing HE has offered us!

Dickens said it like this,
“Reflect upon your present blessings — of which every man (and woman) has many…”

And you will overflow with joy! 


Have a blessed and thank-FILLED day!
I love you all!
OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment