Wednesday, February 22, 2017

FLARE AND FRIEND

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

"Jesus is with me when the storm clouds gather
He’s standing by my side when I hear the thunder roll
He holds my hand when I begin to tremble
When the winds of this world are blowing strong
Jesus is a fence around His children
His grace is sufficient to stand the storm…"

This is a little of the lyric from Winds of this World, a southern gospel song.  I have likely shared it before.

Yet, I was reminded of it while sitting around the table with the girls from Safe Harbor the other morning.  The Executive Director, Amy had just made an interesting comment to the ladies as they were sharing their progress.

She said, “Ladies you have experienced Jesus as someone who will respond to your ‘flares’.”

In other words, all of you around this table have experienced some severe trials in your lives and when you finally chose to “send up a flare”, Jesus responded and now you are here; healing and moving forward with HIM!

That made me think of that lyric; that little song.
Jesus IS with us when WE NEED Him, when we send up a “flare” He standing by our side, He brings the fence and levies the needed grace.

But then Amy when on to say, “But Jesus also wants to be deeply invested in your lives; more than just the "responder" to your ‘flares’.”

And that made me think, Jesus wants us to be His FRIEND.

And of course, that reminded me of a couple of things.

One, this passage…
(Jesus said) No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you FRIENDS… John 15:15(ESV)

And or course that little song…
What a Friend we have in Jesus…

Truth is friends Jesus is there for our flares and to be our friend.
You (LORD) are loyal forever and ever. – Psalm 119:9 (ERV)

So, today’s encouragement is an elementary one.

Be grateful that Jesus does indeed respond to our flares and that He calls us friends.

And remember…
We persevere best when we rest in God’s devotion to us. - Cooke

Whether after sending a flare or as our Friend.

Have a blessed day…
I love you all!
OPPORTUNTIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment