Wednesday, May 16, 2018

END OF ANXIETY

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

The beginning of anxiety is the end of faith, and the beginning of true faith is the end of anxiety. – George Mueller



I have also heard it said that “Worry is like a rocking chair it keeps you busy but gets you nowhere.”



I have had the tendency to be a “worrier” all my life.



But often for me worry is just wasted cycles and misplaced energy.  Worse yet as Mueller says worry and its counterpart anxiety indicate a lack of faith.  For when faith is exercised anxiety is diminished.



I will admit, in my speech and mindset of late I have been working hard to not “worry”, to stay out of the rocking chair if you will. I have been trying to set my mind on truths and trust GOD for what is next in my career, my path and my life.

And while not “natural” by any means,  I have been committing to memory and leaning on promises like:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. Philippians 4:6 (ESV)



Philippians 4:19 (V) - Know this: my God will also fill every need you have…



For this is true…

Anxiety in a man's heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. Proverbs 12:25 (ESV)



So as hard as it is some days, I am looking to eliminate those worrisome and time wasting and quite frankly enemy planted thoughts and replace them with REQUESTS to GOD….

…Requests for guidance.

…Requests for peace.

…Requests for His Spirit to override my thoughts and flesh when the worry works to bubble back up and paralyze me.

…Strength to trust and have faith.



And remembering that GOD is forever faithful and He is NOT motivated by our need, mistakes or feelings. He has already met those needs according to His riches and His grace and truth cover the rest.  Simply put, GOD is motivated by our faith.  And the more we worry, the less space there is for faith to be exercised.



Maybe you are worrier too.

Let’s replace that worry with some promise.

Let’s replace that anxious mind with the one of CHRIST that is in us! 

FOR:

It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. – Philippians 4:7 (MSG)



I love you all…

Have a blessed day…

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment