Thursday, May 24, 2018

REMAIN ATTACHED

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



“I came to Him because I did not know which way to turn. I remained with Him because there is no other way I wish to turn. I came to Him longing for something I did not have. I remain with Him because I have something I will not trade. I came to Him as a stranger. I remain with Him in the most intimate of friendships. I came to Him unsure about the future. I remain with Him certain about my destiny. Ravi Zacharias



Who is Ravi speaking of?

Jesus of course.



Friends it is easy in time of crisis to COME to Jesus. 

It is natural to gravitate toward Him when the times are tough, or the desperation is at a fever pitch. 



The question is do we REMAIN in Him when the pressure is relieved?

Do we REMAIN in Him when the storm passes?

Do we REMAIN in Him when times AREN’T so tough?


We should.

He ENCOURAGES it strongly.

REMAIN in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you REMAIN in me. John 15:4 (NIV)



J Brian Craig pens it this way…

You didn't choose me - I chose you

My peace, my joy I leave with you

If you're my friend, here's what you'll do...

Remain in me – J Brian Craig

Catch that?
If you're my friend...then remain?



The obvious question arises right?

Are you or will you choose to “remain” in Him today?
Stay friendly?

Or will you “go it alone” because everything is “ok” at the moment?



Let’s both resolve to “sticking with (and to) God” – from Lamentations 3:22 (MSG)


Let’s remain in the belonging, the friendship and the assured destiny GOD has offered us!



Remember:

“The branch cannot produce anything on its own. However, if it remains attached to the vine, it will receive life-sustaining sap, nourishment, strength, everything it needs.” Charles R. Swindoll





I love you all

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment