Friday, May 11, 2018

STRENGTH

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



Lord, I’m weary. My energy is sagging, and my motivation is lagging. And I am so in need of you. I need your strength and your fresh touch to get back on track again. Your Word says the joy of the Lord is my strength. If that's true, then I need your joy to replace all the bone-tired parts of my mind, body, and soul.



The pressures of life sometimes push me into a corner, rendering me helpless to move forward. A hundred voices call my name, and I feel paralyzed at times to answer, not knowing where to turn.

Lord, help me not to quit, to keep running the race faithfully, and to find strength in that safe, secret place of yours, under the shadow of the Almighty.



I need your strength to say no when I'm tempted to surrender to harmful things, or when selfishness clings to my clothes and won't let go. I need your strength to say yes, when cowardice and fear nudge me to deny the convictions of my heart. I need your strength to reach out in love to those both close to me and all around me.



When don't I need your strength, God?



You are my rock, and I run to you today, believing that you will lift up my heavy arms, that you will fuel me for the tasks you've given me, and that your joy will completely consume the weakness of my life and make me strong again. I don't want to stay grounded, crippled by limitations and failed attempts. I'm tired of feeble efforts.



Lord, I want to mount up with wings like an eagle and not just fly. I want to soar.

Renew my strength, Lord. Fill me with your supernatural power to overcome each obstacle in my path.

With my eyes on you, Lord, with you walking beside me, working through me, I can make it. Thank you, Lord!



In Jesus's name, Amen - (Jordan's Prayer)



Need that prayer?

Many have said they do. 

I have a Facebook Messenger account to prove it.



Reminds me of some good wisdom from Chambers.

We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties.


God doesn’t come and go. God lasts.

    He’s Creator of all you can see or imagine.

He doesn’t get tired out, doesn’t pause to catch his breath.

    And he knows everything, inside and out.

He energizes those who get tired,

    gives fresh strength...Isaiah 40:31 (MSG)



GOD can be trusted to lift, protect, shield, refresh, forgive, re-energize, correct, convict, change, and reveal. 

Let Him.



GOD is poised to bring you back and close to Him right from the start of today. GOD is poised to refresh and bring healing. 

God is poised to change the tenor of the last few days into something new and possible.



Need to let go of something, do.

Serve through the selfishness.

Lean on His love.

Link up. 

Trust Him.

McKinney Hammond once remarked:

“I had struggled so hard and so long that I had simply exhausted myself, only to find that God had all the time in the world to wait for me to allow Him to free me, help me and sustain me.”



That is true.

He is WAITING patiently.

He will FREE you, heal you, & help you.



Start with eyes on Him.

Strength is coming.



I love you all…

Have a blessed weekend…

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment