Tuesday, May 29, 2018

NEVER DRIVE AWAY

Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.



I still struggle with “performance anxiety” from time to time. 

Especially of late.


If you know me, you know I grew up believing that GOD was just not keeping score on me but that I didn’t have much of chance at winning most days.



And it is after a day or two when I perceive my “performance” as lacking that I MUST take care to remember that Christ sees me (and you) at both our best and our very worst, and still accepts us completely.



Paul brings a very comforting reminder of that.

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst - 1 Timothy 1:15 (ESV)



That is PAUL, a “Christian’s Christian” saying that!



But it IS hard some days to accept that JESUS would have ANY interest in saving me (us) or even consider using me (us).



Or is that just me?

Glad JESUS…by giving himself completely at the Cross, actually dying for you (and I), Christ brought (us) over to God’s side and put our lives together, whole, and holy in his presence. 
Colossians 1:22 (MSG)



That is so comforting when I find myself suffering again with performance anxiety. For GOD knows of our struggles and yet never sways from this promise.

…whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:37 (ESV)



GOD knows that all day every day “sin is crouching at our doors; desiring to have us” (Genesis 4:7) But He didn’t leave us to fear it or to be overwhelmed by it.  Quite the contrary! …the Lord your God is going with you! He will fight for you against your enemies, and he will give you the victory!’ Deuteronomy 20:4 (TLB)



So, my friends I pray that those times when we feel we are on the wrong side of the ledger or when our perceived performance has not been up to snuff, that we would remember some of this truth! 

That we would get up, dust off, reconnect, and allow GOD to have victory in us and through us!



For…



(We) see limitations; God sees opportunities. (We) see faults; God sees growth. (We) see problems; God sees solutions. (We) see limitations; God sees possibilities. (We) see life; God sees eternity.” adapted from Corallie Buchanan



 

Have a blessed day today!

I love you all

OPPORTUNITIES for HOPE

No comments:

Post a Comment