Tuesday, October 16, 2012

CONSTANCY





Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

I was sitting in the van after FREEDOM last night catching my breath looking over a couple of late texts and listening to a couple late voicemails and I got to thinking about how amazingly fortunate we all are to have an ever-present, ever-engaged GOD.

I will be honest, last night was not one for the EMMY AWARDS. We had some sound challenges and we had some light issues. There were distractions galore. One of our dear friends even had his bike stolen. Yet in spite of all of our failings and “flailings”,GOD still showed up. He always shows up.

He was not fazed by the enormity of the chaos being faced by some of those entering FREEDOM’s doors, He welcomed it! He was not distracted or disturbed when the systems don’t work, He just stays about the business of being “present”.

I am so grateful for that. We all should be grateful for that.

I mean really?
How comforting is it to know that GOD is with you right now in your cubicle, at your office, in the car, on your walk, or with you at coffee? How awesome is it that the GOD who hung the moon is just hanging with you today?

Psalm 103:17

GOD…is ever and always, eternally present to all who fear him

And He loves being there!

I just love the consistency and the constancy of GOD.

And that “ever present help” in time of trouble and need rocks my socks most days.

Sadly though, I think sometimes we “reserve” GOD for the worship times or the meetings. We set Him aside for “special needs”, the big prayer requests, and the crisis moments. But the true beauty of GOD is His CONSTANCY.

Hebrews 13:8

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.

So can I offer a suggestion today?

Stop what you are doing right now.

Come on now, let go of the mouse, put down the spreadsheet, turn off the I-pod, shut the door to the office.

Stop.
Welcome GOD into your day. Embrace His presence into your world, your efforts and your challenges today.

He is there. He is waiting. He is ready. He is present. He is with you.

Psalm 46:7

The LORD Almighty is with us;

Now…isn’t that reassuring? It sure is for me.

Have an awesome day!


I love you all.

Freedom Church

 




Pastor GDelaney



No comments:

Post a Comment