Friday, October 19, 2012

TINKERING


Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I know I sometimes say at the outset of a DISPATCH things like, “what a week” or “things are a little haywire”.
I also know some folks just roll their eyes and chalk it up to Delaney being a bit overdramatic, but at the risk of a little eye rolling, I will just say “what a week”.
And before you jump to conclusions it has NOT been all “bad stuff”.
Quite the contrary is actually true.
GOD is doing some amazing stuff!
A heroin addict has over a full week clean and is facing life again.
One of our homeless has taken new initiative to get off the streets and on with life.
A soon to be momma has stayed away from dope after years of addiction to give her little gift from GOD a clean start.
So there is GLORY mixed in with the usual “gory” that is for sure.
But it made me think that GOD never really STOPS working on any of us. Sure, it is easy to see GOD WORKING in these “big changes”, but the truth is He is constantly engaged. He is constantly at the ready. He is constantly poised to move us to the next step in life, to a new closeness with Him, to new revelation and new purpose.
GOD never quits working.
Philippians 1:6
…being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Sometimes however I think we only see GOD working in the extraordinary.
Baby’s like little Judah coming home from the hospital.
Folks being freed from years of selfish and addicted bondage to serve and lead like Pastor Mark and my friend Pastor Tom.
Those are easy to see.
But GOD is constantly tinkering with all of us.
He was revealing to me that last night that getting angry and cursing at a soccer game is not good form. It certainly isn’t pastoral.
He is revealing to a woman I am meeting later today that her daughter and step son are so much more precious than the heroin.
GOD knows we all are less than perfect, but GOD is daily whispering ways for us change and grow for the better.
Matthew 11:29
…Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace…Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.
We just need to be listening. We just need to be learning.
So ask yourself.
What is your plan for today? Are you listening for the whispers? Are you ready to let GOD do some tinkering? Or do you have your own plan, your own agenda already in the works for today?
Why not, just now, pause and ask GOD to show you what HE has for you today?
Others have this week. Why not you?
Maybe you are the next extraordinary story.
Psalm 18:20-24
GOD made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I’m alert to GOD’s ways; I don’t take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I’m watching my step. GOD rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.
I love you all.
Have a great and blessed weekend.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment