Thursday, October 25, 2012

"I've GOT this"




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I am going to share with you 3 of the most “dangerous” words in the English language.
Are you ready?
That wasn't them. LOL.
Here they are…
“I’ve got this”.
Not what you were expecting?
What were you shooting for? Booga booga bogga?
Trust me "I've got this" are 3 dangerous little words.
They imply the attitude that we are “done” or that we “have things well in hand” or that we “have it all together".
And when we start thinking like that, then we treading on some dangerous turf for sure!
However all of us from time to time fall into the trap of thinking we have things all together. I believe this is especially true when we have emerged from a tough time or have received a significant leg up or intervention from the Lord.
You know the scenario right? GOD rescues us. (That is what He does...:) happy)
Psalm 55:16
I call to God; GOD will help me. At dusk, dawn, and noon I sigh deep sighs—he hears, he rescues.
And during the crisis we are locked in!
We go to church, we attend our meetings, we remain accountable, we get into the Word and prayer but once the pressures begins to subside and “life” returns to normal, we started believing “I’ve got this” again.
We say things like…
“I really don’t need the meetings anymore Pastor”.
I
“I have heard that Galatians 5:13 thing enough, I got the gist.”
“I got it together now I don’t need all the extra stuff anymore.”
“I’ve got this…”
And if that is you, I just ask that you be careful!
The Word warns us of this sort of thing.
Proverbs 1:29
They went their own way…Fools die because they refuse to follow wisdom. They are content to follow their foolish ways, and that will destroy them…
Yuck!
Therefore we must on guard for the “I’ve got this” trap.
And I believe we fall into the trap because we relegate GOD to our 911 call. He is there for emergencies only.
But GOD is way more 24/7 than 911.
He loves it when we rely on Him for more than crisis. He is enthusiastic when we come to Him for answers and guidance. He wants us to constantly rely on Him. Instead of us saying “we got this”, He wants us to say, “You got this".
Psalm 62:8
Trust in, lean on, rely on, and have confidence in Him at all times…
So here is your chance today. If you are feeling pretty good about yourself and feeling like you have “got it”, remember you really don’t. Don't fall into the trap.
Instead, go to GOD and say, "You got this"...
Proverbs 2:6-8
…He’s a rich mine of Common Sense for those who live well, a personal bodyguard to the candid and sincere. He keeps his eye on all who live honestly, and pays special attention to his loyally committed ones.
Sounds like "He's got it".
Have a great day!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment