Friday, October 12, 2012

TAKE THE TEST

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“Why isn’t it working out?”
“I know I have been DOING all the right STUFF, at least I think I am. Why isn’t GOD holding up HIS end of this little bargain of ours?”
Ever say that?
Ever get disgruntled with “the DEITY?”
“Why GOD?”
“Wouldn’t this be a better way to go GOD?”
“GOD are you kidding, really?”
Ever find yourself questioning GOD?
I know I do.
“Why is my dear friend not getting better GOD?”
“Why can’t I stay away from that one sin GOD?”
Lots of why’s. Lots of wrestling.
Maybe you too are grappling with God and questioning why things happen as they do.
Sadly, we live in painful and perplexing times.
Friends get sick. Families act crazy. Employers can be adversarial. There may ever be times when you call out to heaven and get no answer. But listen, when this happens, we mustn't let the fog of doubt dampen our faith. But we must believe that...
“A faith that hasn't been tested can't be trusted.”
― Adrian Rogers
So instead of questioning the test, TAKE the TEST!
It will develop your faith!
James 1:3
…because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.
The truth is we all will be tested and challenged. We all will question GOD.
But grappling with GOD, is well...wasted motion.
Remember…
Isaiah 55:8
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
Therefore when doubts arise, let’s not waste time and energy wrestling with God, instead let’s allow our faith be ignited by our TRUST in God!
Why?
Because we KNOW if we...
1 Peter 5:10-11
...keep a firm grip on the faith. The suffering won’t last forever. It won’t be long before this generous God who has great plans for us in Christ—eternal and glorious plans they are!—will have you put together and on your feet for good.
I love you all.
Have a blessed weekend.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment