Friday, October 26, 2012

SURELY





Have you thanked Him?

Have you praised Him?

Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?

Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?

1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Surely!

GOD uses this word a lot when it comes to us.

Don’t think so?

Proverbs 23:18

There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

Jeremiah 15:11

The LORD said, “Surely I will deliver you for a good purpose...

There is power in the word surely isn’t there?

And no, please don’t quote me the old “AIRPLANE” bit…you know the one...

“Surely you can’t be serious…I am and stop calling me SHIRLEY”…(ha ha).

No, when GOD says surely, He is making an emphatic statement. There are no ifs ands or butts when it comes to GOD saying surely. Surely means with confidence! Surely means definitely! Surely means without a doubt.

So why do we doubt so much?

I mean when GOD says things like…

Psalm 23:6

Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

…why do we say things like…

“My life is going nowhere. The Lord must not have a plan for me. I never seem to have anything go my way. GOD blesses others; I must have been left off that list.”

Kind of hard to figure out isn’t it.

But we all do it.

I mean GOD says…

2 Corinthians 12:9
....“I am all you need. I give you My loving-favor.

…yet we somehow believe GOD is holding out on us, forgetting about us, or intentionally leaving us wanting.
Kinda hard to figure out isn't it?

So let's do this.
Start taking GOD at His Word.
Because...

Psalm 145:13
...GOD always does what he says, and is gracious in everything he does...
So if SURELY He does what He says, then SURELY we can believe it don'tcha think?

I love you all.

Have a blessed and assured weekend!

Freedom Church




Pastor GDelaney



No comments:

Post a Comment