Monday, October 29, 2012

GETTING IT TOGETHER




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I was hanging out between services chatting with a couple of folks when I heard,
“Pastor I want to get “it” ALL together, I really do, it’s just I can’t seem to do it. How do you do it?
That always makes me chuckle, like I know how to get "it", much less keep "it" ALL together. (ha ha).
Truth is every time I even start to think I am getting “it” ALL together I quickly forget what “it” looks like or where I set it down for a second and lose track.
Just because I have Pastor on my business card doesn’t mean that I have this whole Christian walk thing down cold; far from it really. But when I get asked that question I give a pretty pat and a familiar recovery answer. “One day at a time.” It works for me.
Now I know that little saying is one of those tried and true clichés in recovery circles, but I do believe it has merit. In fact I am confident GOD endorses the “one day at a time” idea.
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I believe Jesus gave this teaching to help us in this quest to get or keep "it" all together. I believe He knew we are really only capable of managing our “present”. He knew wecan’t effect the past and we certainly can’t impact or predict the future. So I believe Jesus was encouraging us to do the best we can with what we have right now. I believe He was encouraging us to...
Make the best decisions today.
Make GODLY choices today.
Choose to engage in activities and interactions that honor GOD and promote His agenda today.
Steer clear of dangerous influences and potential traps today.
Make today a GOD day. Right from the start.
I believe Jesus knew if we could do that, we could begin to string a few together and begin to experience a life is “more together”.
In fact, Paul made it even more simple.
Romans 12 1
So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life—your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life—and place it before God as an offering.
That does keep it pretty simple doesn’t it?
It encourages us to “let GOD” keep “IT”ALL together for us. This takes US out of the equation and allows GOD to keep us on track and held together. And we know that plan is the right plan don't we?
Proverbs 13:6
A God-loyal life keeps you on track;
So let me encourage you today. Don't get so wrapped up in trying to get "it" or "life" ALL together today. Let's start with getting today off to a good start and trust GOD to hold it together for us. He has a plan for today and He will keep "it" ALL together.
Psalms 46:11
You know me inside and out, you hold me together
Be blessed!
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment