Tuesday, December 4, 2012

DECISIONS DECISIONS



Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Decisions decisions.
Everywhere you turn. Should I do this? Should I invest in that? Do you think I should call her? Which is best A or B? Do I go over there again or should I just leave it be?
All day long. Choice after choice.
It can get a little exhausting; especially when we try to make all of them on our own!
We do that don’t we? We think we are best suited to answer all the tough questions and to make the hard calls. I mean we are in charge aren’t we?
Well in the indubitable words or Dr. Phil, “How’s that working for you?”
My gut says “not so great”.
Why?
Well, we DON’T know everything there is to know about a choice or situation. In case you forgot, we are NOT GOD even though we like to pretend we are. Yet if we would pause just for a second and pray, GOD promises to offer some insight, open a door, give some direction, provide the right words, and give good counsel. Our job is to ask, stop and listen.
Proverbs 4:1-5
Children, listen to your father’s teaching. Pay attention and you will learn how to learn. 2 The advice I give is good, so don’t ever forget what I teach you. 3 When I was my father’s little boy and my mother’s dear son,[a] 4 my father taught me this: “Pay attention to what I say. Obey my commands and you will have a good life. 5 Try to get wisdom and understanding. Don’t forget my teaching or ignore what I say.
GOD wants us to engage Him constantly and consistently. He is not just a 911 call. He is good counsel, He provides discernment, He offers insight, He uncovers pitfalls, He teaches and He provides direction. Allowing Him to lead and help in our decisions and choices will result in better decisions and more GODLY choices. Mining for the godly perspective will lead to God-honoring action. It is just that simple.
Simple but often ignored. Let's stop ignoring Him.
Proverbs 4:20-22
Dear friend, listen well to my words; tune your ears to my voice. Keep my message in plain view at all times. Concentrate! Learn it by heart! Those who discover these words live, really live; body and soul…
Proverbs 21:11
Simpletons only learn the hard way, but the wise learn by listening.
Take some "wise" counsel today. You have got a plethora of decisions facing you later and something tells me you might have one or two that are pretty important. Stop right now and simply ask GOD to “get involved”. Allow Him to speak to you. Listen. Tune your spirit and your ears. And follow His direction.
Psalm 119:1-8
You’re blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by God.
You’re blessed when you follow his directions,
doing your best to find him.
That’s right—you don’t go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set.
You, God, prescribed the right way to live;
now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady,
keeping to the course you set;
Then I’d never have any regrets
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


1 comment:

  1. Something about the old saying...lefts and wrongs, rights and rights...it all ends up full circle. Here I am commenting from SC when I'm originally from OH. What a round about way to end up finding God using another form of communication. Thank you for your words today! I've been hearing the Voice on this topic for days as I am tempted to make choices that are probably lefts and wrongs. I hear, "Wait! I'm working on your right turn. Yield this stop sign or there is danger headed your way." So, here "I am"...quiet, waiting, loving, thanking, praising.

    ReplyDelete