Friday, December 14, 2012

INTERRUPTIONS




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
I heard something yesterday that was pretty cool. I am sure I am not quoting it perfectly but the gist was “Our plans pale in comparison to GOD’s interruptions.”
Boy is that ever true!
My plan was to be the “business dude”. Make oodles of cash, see the world, have the toys, and “be the man” and GOD graciously interrupted that dumpster fire with a visit to Miami Valley Hospital’s ER and thirteen days in a bed.
But GOD’s interruption saved my life, my soul, my marriage, and my family. It opened doors that I never even knew where in the hallway. I was blessed immeasurably by GOD's interruption.
I got a little dose of this truth.
Proverbs 16:1
16 Mortals make elaborate plans, but God has the last word.
But what are we to do? Make no plans? Sit and wait for GOD to interrupt?
No.
GOD asks us to craft our plans in accordance with HIS plan. We are to set our days before Him and ask for His guidance and direction for them.
It truly does have its benefits that is for sure! I have learned that.
Psalm 18:20-24
GOD made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start. Now I’m alert to GOD’s ways; I don’t take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I’m watching my step. GOD rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.
So what do you have planned today? I know I have asked that question on different occasions before. But pause for just a second and ask.
Am I running the show today? Or is GOD?
Does my plan for today honor GOD?
Have I placed the pieces of this day before Him and given Him the chance to guide and direct them?
Have I paused to pray blessing over my path?
Have I cracked open the Word to guide my way?
Psalm 119:105
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
Ask those questions! Embrace that truth.
Now set your plan in motion and if GOD interrupts don't get frustrated. Instead pause and take heed. A real blessing or some needed correction is coming.
I love you all.
Have a blessed weekend.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment