Thursday, December 20, 2012

PEACE THIEF

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“There is just too much on my plate.” Kids, Christmas, obligations, programs, cooking, baking; not to mention that whole episode with my family; I am just agitated.”
Ahh…that old enemy. He lives up to his moniker this time of year doesn’t he?
Which one you ask?
That whole “thief” one, that’s the one.
John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy
And steal he does. He comes to steal our peace.
That is why it is so important to take a step back and draw a long cleansing breath from time to time.
Remember, it is not about all the craziness and agitation this time of year. Rather it is about PEACE; you know that “and He will be called WONDERFUL COUNSELOR, EVERLASTING FATHER…the PRINCE of PEACE", peace, right?
Jesus is our provider and protector of peace, not chaos and certainly not craziness.
John 16:33
These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace.
Jesus, this infant in the manger that grew into our Savior and King offers us peace, not as the world gives, but as He alone gives. Our challenge is to remember and accept Christ’s peace into our hearts; to embrace the gift! Never forget we are transformed by His grace and free to accept the spiritual abundance and peace that is ours THROUGH and BECAUSE of JESUS, our Immanuel!
Therefore the difference between Christmas craziness and Christmas calm is a matter of “focus”.
Ask yourself what has your attention this season?
The list? The pressure? The traffic? The expectations?
Or does JESUS have center stage as we prepare for His big day?
Today, claim GOD’s CHRISTMAS gift to you and to those around you. Claim the inner peace of Jesus Christ.
Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts
Let me help. How bout we start with prayer?
Dear Lord, let me accept the peace and abundance that You offer, my Prince of Peace. You give me peace when I draw close to You. Help me to trust Your will, to follow Your heart, and to accept Your peace today. Amen
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment