Tuesday, December 11, 2012

YOU CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
It is a scary word; this word TRUTH.
It is isn’t it?
Be real.
There are times when we don’t really want to hear it and lots of times when run from it?
Not to mention the times when we shy away from delivering it because it could be painful or upsetting.
But GOD calls us to be truthful. He is not big into manipulation and deceit; He leaves all that to the “other guy”.
John 8:44
The devil has nothing to do with the truth. There is no truth in him. It is expected of the devil to lie, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
Why? Because GOD can't lie.
Hebrews 6:18
...it is impossible for God to lie,
And He asks the same of us.
Now before we get too far down the road this morning, let me be "truthful". This "truth thing" is an area that at times escapes me. Oh, I could blame it on my background, blame it on my addictive past, blame it on the fact that I am a salesman by nature, but the TRUTH is the TRUTH sometimes eludes me or better yet I elude it.
So why bring it this up today? Why call myself on the carpet?
Well folks new to recovery as well as the fairly seasoned sometimes struggle with being honest. We have twisted and operated in half-truths for a long time and the notion of transparency and openness is, like I said earlier, a little scary.
So really the point of today’s DISPATCH is not to call anyone out but rather just to jog our thoughts to remember that GOD honors the truth.
Proverbs 11:20
God can’t stand deceivers, but oh how he relishes integrity.
And that we all really should make every effort to walk and operate in integrity.
Make a mistake at work, we should own it.
Need to make amends for a wrong, we should attempt to amend it.
Need to share some truth with a friend who is struggling, we should share it.
Need to receive some truth and counsel from another, we should willingly receive it.
GOD really digs it when we do.
3 John 4
I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth.
I know there is that old saying about the truth; that “it hurts”. But I am beginning to understand that while there are times where it does hurt, I am becoming more inclined to believe that when it comes to truth that...
John 8:32
…the truth will make you free.
And that is worth it even when it hurts.
I love you all.
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment