Thursday, December 6, 2012

THE DIRECTOR




Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
You never know do you?
We don't know what our future holds. We can’t predict.
We don’t know where we may end up or what will happen next. We don’t even know what is on today’s page of our “life script” do we?
But God does. I am sure of it.
Matthew 10:30
God even knows how many hairs are on your head.
He has a handle on things for you.
But that doesn’t ease the uncertainties or quell the questions does it? I mean we all ask ourselves from time to time “Is this it”? “What is my plan and purpose anyway”? “Just what is this all mean”?
This is where faith needs to take over and when trust is crucial because in spite of all of the seeming uncertainties we must remember and believe that GOD is certain and that GOD is "engaged".
GOD doesn’t sleep through an episode of our story; not even the bad ones. Just the opposite is true.
He is always there watching us like an expectant Father watching a child take his or her first steps or make the first pass of the bow in the front chair of the concert orchestra. GOD is ready, excited and eager to help direct our "life script"!
Proverbs 5:21-23
Mark well that GOD doesn’t miss a move you make; he’s aware of every step you take.
GOD just wants the chance at the director's chair.
Proverbs 8:32-36
32 “Now, children, listen to me.
If you follow my ways,
you will be happy too.
33 Listen to my teaching and be wise;
don’t ignore what I say.
34 Whoever waits at my door
and listens for me will be blessed.
35 Those who find me find life,
and the Lord will reward them.
None of us can know what is in the next act of our lives. None us know what tomorrow holds let alone the next page of our script therefore we must listen to our Director and be…
Psalms 18
…alert to GOD’s ways…don’t take God for granted. Every day…review the ways he works…try not to miss a trick…watching our step!
The remainder of that little passage tells us why...
for GOD rewrote the text (the script) of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.
So let’s open our eyes and heart to GOD this morning. Let’s take His direction. Be alert to His ways. Give Him reign over the script of your life.
The next act could be amazing!
I love you all
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney


No comments:

Post a Comment