Friday, January 23, 2015

AN AUDIENCE

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

Most days the time I spend in “ministry stuff” is chaotic.  It comes with the territory.  Just yesterday we had to navigate uncharted waters, cobble together a couple of solutions that we hadn’t before and hunker down and trust GOD for some guidance about some future "opportunities".
That is why it is good to have GOD as close by as He is.
Psalm 73:28 (AMP)
…it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God and made Him my refuge
If I didn’t I would not last a hot second.

And while I didn’t get to do everything that was on the schedule yesterday (sorry Natalie), I did get to do something that was “out of the chaos” and it was most amazing and a blessing to watch.

Many of you know one of the many hats my wife wears is as a PALLIATIVE CARE professional.  For those who don’t know what that is, my wife ministers and cares for the dying.  Over the course of her career she has literally been a part of over 7000 “end of life” scenarios.  And while I can’t truly do justice to what she does in a forum such as this, suffice it to say Beth compassionately helps her patients during the most uncertain time of their lives.  And I am not being biased when I say she was born for this.  She is remarkable.

I share that today to share this.

Beth asked me to pick her up at Cedarville University yesterday so we could go pay a visit to one of her folks.  We will call him “Dave”.  “Dave” is dying. “Dave” is elderly but still pretty sharp and when Beth walked into his home, his face just lit up.  I am now sure why I was there. It was to watch my wife love and serve.

We listened to Dave’s stories of gun collecting, the loss of his closest friends, his confusion as to why the cancer hadn’t taken him yet, and how much he appreciated Beth.  He called her a woman of ACTION! 
She is.

Dave needed a new bed and that was done before we walked out of the little farmhouse.  Dave needed some special care for some complications.  That was already done and proving effective.

Now before we get too far, this DISPATCH is not just to brag on Beth (even though it is hard not to do).  Rather it is to share how INSPIRING it was for me to WATCH someone else MINISTER.  I was “re-energized” after a nutty day of “recovery” issues, domestic violence challenges and court interventions just by watching her serve.

It was refreshing to watch GOD use her.  

She was in her element.  She was being hands and feet; dressed as JESUS with her gifting in full swing and “Dave” was being blessed and helped.
2 Corinthians 9:7 (ERV)
God loves those who are happy to give...
"The smallest good deed is worth a thousand grand intentions"

I am so happy I went.

So why share my little ride along today?
I share it to encourage you to use your gifts and bless another today!
I share it to remind you that you too are an ambassador of JESUS today! 
I share it because perhaps while you are serving, someone might be in the “audience” to be BLESSED and ENERGIZED as I was with Beth.

Therefore the question today is…what of your time, talent or treasure are you ready to share?
Romans 13:13-14 (MSG)
…We can’t afford to waste a minute, must not squander these precious daylight hours…Dress yourselves in Christ, and be up and about!
Who is your “DAVE”?
Remember GOD may have arranged an audience.
 
I love you all…
Have a GREAT WEEKEND.
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment