Friday, January 9, 2015

TRUST YOUR BEST

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

You have heard me say it a couple of times here.  My days and weeks sometimes get a little “thematic”.  

In spite of meeting with folks as diverse as addicted folks early in treatment or married folks in crisis or fellow counselors and Pastors, sometimes the Lord strings our conversations similarly together.
And whether the conversation leads us to encouraging one another or to leading another to what GOD has to say about the challenge, they become amazingly linked.

Yesterday was one of those days.  It was a day that combined the early efforts and discussions of the week by calling back to a previous DISPATCH, a familiar passage, recent revelation and some very simple truth.

“Give GOD your best and He will bless it.”

I got to catch up for a couple of hours with one of my favorite people on this green and blue ball. He is a dedicated father, a lover of all things CHRIST, a quiet leader and a visionary.  Yet he, like me of late, was struggling with GOD’s timing, a sense of being overwhelmed with “so much that needed to be done” and no real sense of how to get there.

I am sure that many of you are in the midst of similar situations or like me and my friend staring at what seems more than you can ever begin to handle.

It’s not.
1 Corinthians 10:13
God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.

So whether it was my friend trying to navigate the daunting calling of a potential child adoption all while leading the charge to share JESUS to the world via AMERICAN FOOTBALL or me partnering with Pastors to introduce GOD to a heroin addicted culture who is watching 6 die a day, GOD WILL HELP. 

You and we won’t be overwhelmed.

GOD confirmed with my friend via a “take off” on that earlier shared truth.  “Give me your BEST, (I will do the rest) AND I WILL bless it!”

So if you are like my friend and me or like so many others this week who were dealing with everything from relational pain to what to do with the “impossible problem”, GIVE GOD YOUR BEST.

That’s it.

If you are one who is seeking answers to seemingly unanswerable or unsolvable problems and questions…

GIVE GOD YOUR BEST.
Leave the rest.
Proverbs 3:3-8
Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life! Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best.

That’s it.

He WILL bless it.
Colossians 3:23-24 (V)
Always do your best as the Lord’s servant…because you know your reward is the Lord’s…
 
I love you all.
HAVE a GREAT weekend!
Freedom Church
 

No comments:

Post a Comment