Tuesday, April 21, 2015

WHAT'S NEXT?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.

We stand in lines at amusement parks or at the lunch counter looking forward to it.  When we are at the deli we watch the display on the wall eagerly looking forward to when our number is called and we are finally "it".
And while I don’t believe many of us go to the extreme that Icky Woods does when his deli “44” is called as portrayed by the folks from GEICO, there is something satisfying to being “NEXT” isn’t there?  There is something great about having our number finally called.  The anticipation finally pays off!

So if we can eagerly anticipate being the next to ride the ride or the next to get our “cold cuts”, why shouldn’t we feel the same about the day that GOD has on the horizon for us?
You see, GOD encourages all of us to trust HIM for the “NEXT”; to eagerly anticipate it.  He wants us excited for it!
Romans 8:15
This resurrection life you received from God is not a timid, grave-tending life. It’s adventurously expectant, greeting God with a childlike“What’s next, Papa?” God’s Spirit touches our spirits and confirms who we really are. We know who he is, and we know who we are: Father and children…
I know you have seen this little passage a time or two recently on other DISPATCH'S. But this passage has been spinning around in my head and spirit for a few weeks now.  It keeps coming up in my conversations and GOD keeps reminding me of it personally.

Why? GOD knows I struggle with the future.  GOD knows I cower at change.  So I believe GOD is sending this message to help me with what is NEXT.
Therefore I am doing my best to eagerly seek what GOD has next for me.  I don’t want to fear it.  I want to trust it.  I want to believe that it is going to something special!

I am sure you do too!

So today let’s both remember that HE (GOD) is continuously at work in us and our lives and that includes our “NEXTS”!  And remember it WILL BE GOOD.
Philippians 1:6
I am sure that the good work God began in you will continue until he completes it...

I am going to do my best to remember that GOD me deeply. That GOD only wants the best for me. And GOD is constantly and consistently by my side, ready to take me to “what’s next”; to call “my number” for this day.

How about you?

Let's not let the enemy lie to me or you into thinking our best days are behind us or that our usefulness has expired. Just the contrary is true. We both are wonderful “works in progress”, blessed children with unlimited hope and possibilities.

So with courage and conviction will you join me in going to GOD today and asking, “What’s next Dad?”

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” ― Corrie ten Boom

Oh look, our number is next on the display.  Time to start shuffling like Icky!

I love you all!
Have a great day today!
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment