Monday, March 26, 2012

NEED REFRESHING?

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Yesterday following our first service in our new facility, I was asked to pray with a man who had just received Christ in that inaugural service.
He looked, spent.
He was exhausted.
He needed refreshing. And He was looking in the right place.
No, not at AHOP, not to me (that is for sureJ), but he was looking to GOD.
Anyone who has struggled through a difficult season of life longs for some rest and refreshment. I mean we all have experienced times in our lives where we ache for some relief, some revitalization and rejuvenation.
Even David had moments in his life where he needed refreshment, just as a dry field needed water for life.

Psalm 63

1 God, you are my God.
I am searching so hard to find you.
Body and soul, I thirst for you
in this dry and weary land without water.
Our new friend was in the same boat. Life was draining him dry and he needed refreshment; the kind only found from GOD.
Maybe you are in a similar place this morning. Maybe circumstances, challenges, and the issues of life have drained you and you need a lift, a boost, to be invigorated.
If so, read further in that little Psalm and you will find the source of this needed refreshment.

2 Yes, I have seen you in your Temple. [a]
I have seen your strength and glory.
3 Your faithful love is better than life,
so my lips praise you.
4 By my life, I will praise you.
In your name, I lift my hands in prayer.
5 When I sit down to satisfy my hunger,
my joyful lips hunger to praise you!
6 I remember you while lying on my bed.
I think about you in the middle of the night.
7 That is because you are the one who helps me.
It makes me happy to be under your protection!
8 I stay close to you,
and you hold me with your powerful arm.
Yes, there it is!
GOD, you are the one who satisfies.
GOD, you are the one who helps me.
GOD, you are the one who brings happiness and protection.
It is God alone who can refresh and renew us in our dry seasons.
Just as the exertions of physical travel cause us to hunger and thirst for food and drink, the journey of faith and the walk of life must be sustained by God.
Jesus understood this so well when He said…

John 4:14

Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
14 But anyone who drinks the water I give will never be thirsty again. The water I give people will be like a spring flowing inside them. It will bring them eternal life.”
So I encourage you that if you are experiencing a dry place or parched season, seek Jesus for your refreshment and drink deep from the immensity of His love, grace, peace and energy.
Romans 15:13
Oh! May the God of green hope fill you up with joy, fill you up with peace, so that your believing lives, filled with the life-giving energy of the Holy Spirit, will brim over with hope!
There you will find you’re refreshing.
Have a blessed day!
I love you all
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment