Monday, March 19, 2012

"Un-DISCOURAGEMENT"

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
ARE YOU SEEKING?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Discouragement.
Need a job, found a job, have no transportation to get to job…job lost.
Seeking a “real” relationship, praying for a “real”relationship, phone doesn’t ring, plea goes “unanswered”.
Doing my best, but no one seems to notice, care, or want to give me a shot.
Thought I was getting a second chance, judge thought otherwise.
Oh…discouragement.
And when it crops up its timing is usually impeccable.
“Kick me when I am down won’t you.” “When it rains it pours huh?” “No I don't believe the sun is shining because I can’t see past this cloud that is following me around.”
But don’t allow discouragement to deflate you, fight back! You have promises and truth to beat back that "dastardly" discouragement!
John 14:1
[ Jesus Comforts His Disciples ] “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God ; believe also in me.
You see all of those quotes and all of those scenarios I just shared aren’t merely examples, they were derived from real interactions from just last week.
And let’s be real, I know that those weren’t the only ones feeling the effects of discouragement. But JESUS makes it clear; don’t be discouraged, lean on ME! Don’t be defeated, I am the winner, (and so are you)!

John 16:33

New International Version (NIV)
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
Jesus knows the world can be disappointing and discouraging. He knows about missed expectations and failed relationships. Never forget He experienced everything we experience but more importantly He is the help we need.
Hebrews 4:15-16
…We don't have a priest who is out of touch with our reality. He's been through weakness and testing, experienced it all—all but the sin. So let's walk right up to him and get what he is so ready to give. Take the mercy, accept the help.
So I want to “un-discourage” this morning. Jesus does know and care about how you are feeling and what you are going through. Don’t ever forget that! And He is right there with to see you through this tough time just as He has always been!
Hebrews 13:5
“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”[a]
So let’s detonate that DISCOURAGEMENT this morning. Send it packing along with any frustrations or sadness!
Seek the Lord and He WILL encourage you!
Psalm 10:17
You, LORD, hear the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry.
Have a blessed day!
I love you all
Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment