Friday, February 7, 2014

DON'T IGNORE IT

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
Two meetings. One live.
One over the phone late yesterday afternoon.
Two men.
Both of them 50ish.
Both of them beat up.
Both of them tired, voices graveled from abuse.
2 different fellows but the stories were the same.
“Drinking is killing me”, they say. “I don’t know how to stop. I’m losing everything or lost everything. What can I do?”
One was even too sick to “stop drinking”, at least not until the proper medical team had a look at him. The other was sort of sober, sort of ready, but a little overwhelmed at the prospect of life and coping without his old friend, booze.
I even have a third I am meeting tomorrow for breakfast who is reeling from a DUI.
They all remind me of someone…now who could that be…oh, that is right,
ME…
Yet I know that GOD brought me back from the brink of death for days like yesterday. Why else would 3 men, all my age, all dealing with similar circumstances, find my number, get referred to me for breakfast or stagger into my office?
Because the BIBLE said they would.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
…Father of all mercy! God of all healing counsel! He comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.
So I had better be there for them don’t you think? Can't ignore it.
That is why I never tire or grow weary of listening to the stories of men like this. I never tire of trying to help. For I know that this is what I am supposed to be doing.
Why?
There is that BIBLE again...
Ephesians 2:10
It is God himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others.
The Lord blesses me in these conversations. He emboldens me, reminds me of how much He has loved and poured in to me. These talks remind me to be grateful for my deliverance. The challenges press me to lean on His word and His counsel for these situations demand it.
Not only that, when I pause to share, GOD increases my FREEDOM!
Galatians 5:13
…use your freedom to serve one another in love; that’s how freedom grows...
But I am certainly NOT special. GOD asks this of all of us.
Each of us has been given a “special” purpose by GOD. Don’t ever doubt that. Each of us has experienced situations and circumstances that are unique, supervised by GOD with a purpose in mind.
So when given the opportunity, share your experiences, your deliverances, your stories with those GOD puts in your path. GOD wants you to. GOD has placed you there to help someone experience HIM as you have! And I will guarantee that as you share, YOUR relationship with GOD and your FREEDOM will grow and advance as well.
Trust me. GOD will send them to you.
Be ready to help! Don't ignore it. Remember...
Ephesians 2:10
...ages ago he planned that we should spend these lives in helping others.
And guess what?
GOD will make it worth it.
Proverbs 24:12
...The Lord knows everything, and he knows why you do things. He watches you, and he will pay you back for what you do.
Have a blessed weekend…
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment