Wednesday, February 26, 2014

WHAT COULD I SAY ABOUT...

Have you thanked Him?
Have you praised Him?
Have you made it your priority to agree and cooperate with Him today?
Have you taken that deep breath and listened for what He has for you today?
1 Timothy 2:1 (The Message)
1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
“What could I say about…” I think is how it began.
Yesterday they laid to rest a sweet sweet lady.Diana.
Simply put, she was one of the “good ones”!
Generous.
Doting.
Loving.
Compassionate.
Caring.
Those are just a few words that barely brush the canvas of her life; a few “words I could say about” her.
Yet I was touched by the words of her daughter, a dear friend of mine.
She penned a lovely tribute where I believe she started each sentence with “What could I say about…”Then what followed were those amazing descriptors, those samples of sweetness that had come to characterize her loving and special mom.
That got me to thinking this morning.
“What could we say about…” Jesus today?What descriptors or word pictures would leap to mind?What about His character would flow to the lips and pen?
Perfect.
Holy.
Righteous.
Compassionate.
Forgiving.
Empowering.
Discerning.
Proven.
Incorruptible.
“Un-failable”
Infallible.
Trustworthy.
Famous.
Renowned.
Loved.
Worshipped.
I know an exhaustive list is impossible.Not enough words. Not enough ink as a famous song describes.
For me, “what can I say about Jesus” other than Savior.
For…
Romans 5:6
When (I) was utterly helpless, with no way of escape, Christ came at just the right time and died for (me) a sinner who had no use for him.
He did that for you too.
GOD has gained a great lady in Diana this past week.She had an indescribable Savior too.
What could YOU say about HIM today?
Have a great day!
I love you all!
Freedom Church
Pastor GDelaney

No comments:

Post a Comment